Business Analyst - Equities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 15 Oct 18
Job Title: AVP, Business Analyst - Equities, Futures, Options Location: London
Pre-Trade Markets Tech is made up of 1,000+ colleagues and technologists globally across UK, US, India, Czech Republic, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. We are responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting all of the technology solutions required for the Markets front office trading as well as solutions for Sales, Research, and Banking. We cover all asset classes including Credit, Equities, FX, and Rates. We partner closely with the heads of the business in order to deliver market leading platforms to meet our clients' needs.
- Ensure strong governance over the projects and effective stakeholder engagement and involvement in the programme - ensure transparency on delivery, issues and decision making
- Ensure comprehensive project documentation, including project plan/ milestones, business requirements, process flow diagrams and management/ project status reporting
- Work closely with key Front Office, Middle Office/Operations, Compliance and Technology stakeholders to obtain comprehensive business requirements.
- Write detailed business and integration requirements documents using the Confluence/Wiki based documentation approach aligned with an Agile / sprint-based development methodology.
- Create detailed GUI mock-ups and other visual requirements to be presented alongside user requirements to development teams and key stakeholders.
- Obtain formal sign-off of business requirements from all key project stakeholders and ensuring traceability throughout the development cycle as requirements evolve.
- Work actively and closely with software development teams to ensure user requirements are clearly understood and developed as specified in the documentation.
- Project managing medium scale projects for Equities, from inception through to delivery
- First hand experience working on a front-office trading platform
- Knowledge of Cash Equities and Equity Derivatives FTB trade flows and processes
- Extremely high attention to detail with ability to write high quality Business Requirement Documents and Functional Specs
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in agile project delivery
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.