Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are currently seeking a Business Analyst for our Client Regulatory & Business Communications team. Team members participate in cross functional working groups that develop and implement solutions to new regulations that impact clients. CRBC represents the Client Group and client perspective in informing the firm's implementation of the regulation, keeping client teams informed and educated about upcoming regulations, as well as leading the client outreach strategy. The Client Group looks to our team as a center of knowledge - the first line of information - and we strive to distill complex topics into layman's terms. We also engage with clients, either on our own or with functional subject matter experts.
Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds within the investment management industry, yet none have a regulatory background. What makes the work exciting is the constant learning, challenge and collaboration across functions. At the same time, we keep the client experience at the forefront while engaging with colleagues across the firm as solutions and strategy are developed.
The role is well suited for a person with demonstrated curiosity, collaboration, problem solving and drive with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills. The ability to learn quickly and distill complex topics into clear and comprehensible written and verbal communication is essential.
This role will be based out of London with a primary focus on the wide range of EU regulations that are reshaping our industry and impacting our clients. Based on the needs of the team and time permitting the analyst will get involved in global or other regional projects to broaden their experience. CRBC team members are currently located in London and Boston.
A background in the investment management industry is desired and may be across a range of functions - client service, operations, trading, etc. Please note prior experience/background is not required in these regulations nor is a regulatory background. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Analyst will primarily be responsible for supporting our client communications and project management efforts on various topics impacting our clients and the Client Group.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Represent the Client Group in cross functional projects, bringing the client perspectives to the project requirements.
- Participate in meetings relating to various projects and/or potential communications; become knowledgeable on the relevant topic and work through business issues with internal groups
- Provide analytical support in a variety of areas that may include account impact analysis, data synthesis, and problem solving
- Assist in drafting client-ready communications/content as well as related internal training materials or presentations as needed, work with content matter experts and desktop publishing
- Track/maintain status of various project work
- Respond to client queries or coordinate responses with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts
- Once a project or communication is complete, provide support and input determining business as usual service models as needed. As needed, continue to serve as a first line of contact with Client Group
- Provide organizational support to the team, such as working with others to implement improvements to processes or tools for the team
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, excellent judgment, the ability to learn quickly and multitask. The job entails extensive written and analytical work, thus proficiency using both Microsoft Excel and Word are required. A large portion of the work is self-directed and requires an individual who can work independently under tight time constraints. Candidates will be considered from a variety of disciplines: client service, trading, operations, etc.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A proven record of achievement in the financial services industry, ideally 4 years plus
- An investment orientation and command knowledge of global capital markets.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage projects
- The ability to absorb complex topics, possess an intellectual curiosity and anticipate potential outcomes.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking abilities.
- The ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, possess a high degree of analytical ability and sound business judgment.
- Advanced degrees and/or progress towards the CFA designation are viewed favorably.
Business Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .