DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We're looking for talented Business Analysts to join DWP, the UK's largest government department, and become a key part of one of the UK's biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. We deliver services to millions of people every day, including your family, friends, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
You'll be working alongside product owners as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a "world class service" designed for people who use them in line with the governments' Digital service standard.
Duties. Work. Projects - You and your role:
As a Business Analyst you will be a key part of the team in delivering change within the department. You will work across the product delivery lifecycle to bring together business needs with technical capabilities, with the goal of defining solutions that deliver value.
You will be experienced in a variety of business analysis tools and techniques in an Agile environment. You will be experienced in detailing requirements using industry best standard approaches, whilst being familiar with the process of detailing and communicating user stories and acceptance criteria.
You will be given the opportunity to continue to grow your capabilities through working with Senior/ Lead BAs and continually growing your skills and knowledge through the support of the wider community of practice, additionally you will be, at times, responsible for managing Associate BAs to develop your management and coaching skills.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
* Utilise Agile methodologies, agreed within the wider multi-disciplinary team. Educate the other BA teams working on the service on Agile principles, methods and tools to support their development.
* Translate the business problem and user needs into a set of detailed requirements for the solution that align to best practice methodology, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance criteria.
* Manage stakeholder relationships, ensuring alignment across business and technical stakeholders. Ensure issues and risks raised are resolved in an appropriate manner.
* Understand business processes and activities that impact and that are impacted by the product or service. Selecting the appropriate best practice techniques to model business processes, existing and new, in order to achieve consensus.
*As part of the modelling process, work to identify potential process improvements, considering risks, issues and benefits.
* Coach and support other members of the BA community, as appropriate.
* Play an active role within the BA community, helping to run activities within the practice and support with recruitment related activities where required.
Where You'll Work:
You'll join us in one of our brilliant digital hub in Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/ .
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
What is our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £43,920, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
* Flexible working
* Family friendly policies
* Volunteering and charitable giving
* Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
* Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
* Sports and social activities
* Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for further information and start an application on Civil Service Jobs