- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- London Stock Exchange Group
- 21 Apr 19
MTS operates the leading platform for inter-dealer electronic trading in government bonds as well as one of the leading electronic platforms for dealer-to-client trading.
MTS' inter-dealer market is designated by the vast majority of government Debt Management Offices in the EU and in Israel as a venue for Primary Dealership quoting.
The dealer-to-client platform provides MTS sell-side participants with an efficient tool to service their client base across Europe and North America via request-for-quote functionality and via inventory orders.
The product development team ensures a smooth implementation of the company's strategy and provides insight in identifying new opportunities. The team works closely with the sales department and engages directly with members in order to ensure adequate communication of the development road map and to acquire market intelligence. The team is also tasked with communicating clearly with the Technology and Operations departments to ensure smooth delivery of new functionality.
MTS is expanding both geographically and in terms of products. The product development team makes sure that MTS operations and procedures are adequate for these new areas of business.
Currently, we are looking for an Analyst to support the activities involved in product management for the inter-dealer and dealer-to-client MTS markets.
This role covers:
Supporting the MTS product managers by carrying out the following day to day operations:
- Provide statistical and stochastic analysis relevant for business cases and for calibration of new functionality.
- Design and support trading analytics libraries.
- Draft the description of existing functionality for sales material and define the business specifications for new projects.
- Being up-to-date about developments that impact the fixed income space, both in the Government Bond and Credit markets.
- Test new functionality ahead of platform releases.
- Compile reports for presentations used in sales and management meetings.
- Engage with market participants where necessary.
- Ensuring that the processes in the various departments of the company are in line with project/market requirements. This covers both new and existing projects.
- MTS Data product management (temporary until permanent coverage in late 2016).
- Project coordinator for the MTS Credit project and BV composite price.
- Analysis of external and internal databases.
- Testing of new functionalities and calculations (analytics libraries).
- Recording sales request for new functionality.
- Support in producing product-related factsheets and presentations.
- Updating and managing the trading database.
- Conducting fixed-income market and competitor research.
- Acquiring in-depth knowledge of the MTS platforms both from a technical and from a business logic perspective.
- Deal with client requests that concern MTS Data and management of our Data products (temporary).
- Coordinate and support the activity of Technology and Operations department for successful launch of projects.
- Open to and willingly adopts new processes / approaches / ways of working.
- Seeks information/inputs from colleagues and clients;
- Oral and written communications are tailored to the audience's needs.
- Pro-active and demonstrates initiative;
- Willingly puts in the effort to ensure activities are completed on time and to the standard required.
- Puts project management methodologies in place e.g. schedules of work; progress reports, etc.;
- Deals with conflict successfully.
- Plans activities, provides the necessary updates and status to the team;
- Prioritises activities according to business need;
- Analysis & Problem Solving;
- Has the sustained drive and energy to deliver support service to the required standards;
- Carries out work without prompting and close supervision.
Candidate Profile/ Key Skills
- Basic to progressive knowledge of fixed-income markets;
- Skills in database handling and extension, data processing;
- Project management skills;
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, basic coding skills;
- Adequate writing skills;
- Preferred fluency in a second language.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
A career with London Stock Exchange Group offers you the opportunity to be at the centre of the financial community. As well as competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits, we maximise each employee's potential through personal development plans, training, coaching and mentoring.