- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 10 Dec 18
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Our global investment platform is comprised of over 475 investment professionals across four investment functions (Investment Boutiques, Research, Science and Strategy) in six locations (Boston, Hong Kong, London, Radnor, Singapore and Tokyo). The team collectively manages approximately $1 trillion in assets across the capital structure.
The Business Analyst role represents an opportunity to be a part of the global Investment Platform Business Management team, part of the group residing at the intersection of the investment functions, acting as a strategic engine powering a robust, dynamic, global and scalable investment platform. The group is building shared centers of excellence to benefit all investment groups, drive integration across the platform, take a long term view, and ensure the platform is flexible and adaptable to changing client needs and market conditions. The Business Analyst will report dually to the Director, Investment Platform Business Management in Boston and to the Director, EMEA Fixed Income in London.
Working as part of a global and regional team, the Business Analyst will serve a cross-functional role, tackling key business issues, primarily in support of our portfolio management and research teams and investment professionals in the London office.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the execution of the investment teams' strategic plans, working closely with Directors in the Investment Boutiques and Investment Research groups
- Provide tactical support to EMEA Fixed Income, such as: project management support; Analysis of product and new business; managing certain processes & regular meetings; Coordinate and develop customized presentations Interface and coordinate with IT, Human Resources, Product Management, Finance, Portfolio Services, and others
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Provide support to the internal fiduciary review and oversight process
- Support the continued globalization of our investment platform, specifically with respect to systems, collaboration and reporting
- Proactively think about ways to improve processes and data flow across the investment platform
- Help the team improve, organize, and regularly update management reporting
- Coordinate the execution of training initiatives for the investors
- Assist with year-end performance evaluation and the peer review process
- Complete diverse analytical projects which will encompass performance attribution, trading analysis, and holdings analysis
- Serve as a regional representative of the global business management team
This is a dynamic generalist role, which requires a global mindset, intellectual curiosity and advanced analytical skills including the ability to frame issues, identify important points and draw conclusions. Strong communication skills, interpersonal flexibility and a pragmatic, problem-solving approach is also critical, as this role necessitates collaboration with a broad group of colleagues including portfolio managers, analysts and senior leadership of the Firm.
He/she will also possess the following qualifications:
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a product or business management role working with investment professionals
- A working knowledge of fixed income and equity markets, as well as an interest in understanding the investment process
- Advanced analytical skills including comfort manipulating large data sets for decision making purposes, an ability to frame issues, identify important points and develop insights
- Outstanding collaboration skills and a strong team player; able to partner effectively with others and to develop relationship across geographies and across the organization
- Highly organized, able to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously; focused on results
- Strong attention to detail and process management skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate and integrate numerous viewpoints and mobilize/influence across firm
- Strong business judgment and discretion
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .