- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Business Analyst required to sit within our change team who focus on Mergers and Aquisitions. You will support various domian change teams to help integration or divestment projects by performing analysis, drafting current state, TOM's, co-ordinate and provide support for integration.
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of four capability teams: Business Consulting and Architecture, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice COE. Enterprise Change delivers large, complex solutions that impact more than one function. There are two specialisms – programmes and merger & acquisition integration. Schroders SAFe Agile is the standard for change delivery in the team.
Using a Merger and Acquisition (M&A) Integration framework designed by our team, Enterprise Change is leading delivery of full or partial integration or divestment of the business.
Enterprise Change is looking to increase its capacity, skillset and experience in this area and gain additional support to drive multiple projects in M&A and Investment Management Change.
The Business Analyst will support and work with various domain change teams to help integration or divestment project by performing analysis, drafting current state and target operating models, co-ordinate and provide support for integration kick off workshops, contributing to drafting overall integration scope and plan, co-ordinating delivery of multiple features by number of capability aligned agile teams.
The role will involve:
• Work with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to agree integration scope/approach based on business requirements and integration constraints.
• Co-ordinate integration workshops with cross-functional SMEs to prepare integration scope, current state and target operating model.
• Work with Capability Owners and Leads to break scope of work down into Features
• Contribute to managing non-technology change (e.g. process, vendor engagement, procurement)
• Apply Schroders M&A Framework, SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work
• Contribute defining and continuously improving best practice for M&A Framework
• Develop effective relationships across the business and the wider change management community
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Provide subject matter expertise and recommend appropriately pragmatic approaches/solutions.
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
General and Technical Skills:
• Strong understanding of the Asset Management industry required
• Strong knowledge of Business Analysis
• Understanding of business change management skills and best practice, gained through experience of working enterprise change or consultancy teams
• Experience of business process and technology change
• Experience of M&A Integration project or project management experience in a large programme
• Desirable skills includes trading and EMS, knowledge of Aladdin
• An expert understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools, including:
experience of each of the key stages of change delivery
Experience of co-ordinating cross functional teams and managing large workshops
Experience of process mapping and defining target operating model
strong analytical skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
• Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
• Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Focus on quality
• Experience of Agile working practices
Overview of Knowledge required
• Financial Services experience ideally investment management, in one or more of the following areas:
• Preferable: M&A Integration
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
o Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation: Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
• Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
• Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and technology industries.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives