- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
We are a small actuarial and data science consultancy, working with Lloyd’s of London, Commercial and Personal Lines insurance clients. Our expertise spans the main general insurance actuarial disciplines of pricing, reserving and capital modelling. As a Business Analyst and working closely with your actuarial colleagues, you will have real influence over how we deliver solutions to our clients. We are now looking to build a data proposition as an additional revenue stream. The data will augment our consulting offering, and also be available to purchase for clients directly.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support our consultants in their client work as well as to help Insight build a ‘data proposition’. A strong mathematician and statistician, you will be adept at building models and drawing conclusions from data. You will be passionate about data and its ability to help with business problems.
The insurance industry is a data heavy and rapidly growing space for analytics. The culture of insurance is increasingly modern, with a good work-life balance, and excellent prospects for numerate individuals.
- Supporting as a consultant in client project work
- Supporting in the collection, augmentation and analysis of insurance data
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Strong mathematics/statistics skills
- Strong consulting and softer skills including report writing and communication skills
- Use of Python and R for data analysis and model building
- Use of Microsoft Excel
- SQL Server is an advantage
Education and Experience
- Mathematics or Statistics to degree level
- Postgraduate Mathematics or Statistics an advantage
- Two to three years experience as a data scientist or quantitative analyst
- Insurance experience an advantage
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 6 May 2018.