Business Analysis Specialist - 12 Month FTC
Working with M&G Prudential as a Business Analysis Specialist means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business. The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation. If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
This role sits in the Business Analysis team to provide financial support to product business partners aligned to the M&G business. The incumbent will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and be primarily responsible for the ongoing analysis and reporting, (profit, revenue and cost analysis) for distinct parts of the M&G business. Key responsibilities for this role:
To be successful in this role you'll have:
- Provide support to the Product Finance Business partners.
- Production of financial papers for presentation at Committee meetings including insightful commentary.
- Production of well understood business line reporting with appropriate detail.
- Proactively drive for synergies through consistent reporting across business areas
- Provide analysis, insight and understanding of the profitability drivers of the P&L.
- Build an understanding of the P&L areas supported and ensure that information sharing and best practice is embedded across the team and act to proactively break down any silos.
- Work closely with Central Finance to understand costs and revenues and analyse these against comparatives.
- Support the Executive Office team with regular reporting in a standardised format and with ad hoc analysis.
- Play an active role in the annual business planning process and also work to embed the rolling forecast in the decision making process. This should ensure that any financial metrics from business cases for new products or offices are included in business plans.
- An accounting qualification, ideally with post qualification experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels and build strong relationships across the business.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills with a good track record of process improvement. Able to question and understand complex financial data, and demonstrate experience in presenting analysis in a succinct manner and appropriate format.
- Strong organisational skills, drive delivery and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong spreadsheet and financial modelling skills. Highly numerate, logical and capable of lateral thinking.
- Experience with Hyperion and / or other Finance reporting systems
- An ability to operate at both a detailed and high (bigger picture) level
- A strong interest in and / or experience of asset management
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.