Our client is an entrepreneurial real estate lender, focusing on providing bridging and development finance across England and Wales. They have got strong institutional backing and have had a successful 18 months. They're currently in the process of raising additional capital and because of this, they are looking to hire an individual to bolster their underwriting capabilities.
This will be the second hire into the underwriting team which means that there will be excellent career prospects for this individual as the team and the business grows. The business is headquartered in London but they are considering candidates working remotely.
- Underwriting of property finance loans.
- Underwriting within lending policy and case management.
- Assess loans and make an underwriting decision as to whether applications proceed to offer.
- Liaise with brokers, developers, surveyors, solicitors and other third parties.
- Manage a large pipeline of cases through to completion.
- Site and client visits as and when required.
- Extensive real estate finance background.
- Experience of bridging finance is a plus.
- Proven background in underwriting.
- A good knowledge and understanding of legal conveyancing.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.