- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Mar 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base Salary + Benefits + Bonus + Pension
- Full time
Blockchain - Strategy and Innovation
Schroders Digital Group are an innovative team researching into new technologies such as RPA, AI, Augmented Reality and Blockchain to see where and how it can benefit the business. We are seeking someone with Blockchain experience to research and devise strategies for relevant use cases.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Digital Enablement is a relatively new team, reporting into the Chief Digital Officer. It was established in June 2017 and has already successfully introduced Robotic Process Engineering (RPA) into Schroders.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
As a Blockchain Lead within Schroders, you will be at the intersection of technology, financial services, and innovation. You will work on a range of initiatives which will address business issues/opportunities within the organisation by implementing innovative new technologies.
As part of our Digital Strategy, Schroders is embarking on a number of initiatives to transform the way we work, interact with clients and partners and, operate our internal business processes. As a result, we are expanding the Digital Enablement team to support the adoption of innovative technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Blockchain within the context of Investment Management.
The candidate would be asked to work within a small team to fulfil the below duties:
• Work with colleagues across the business to increase knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies
• Support the development of business cases and operating models for emerging technologies
• Envision, develop and evaluate applications for Blockchain technologies and tools as they continue to evolve
• Build Proof of Concept experiments to quickly show the art of the possible to colleagues across Schroders using Blockchain
• Design, develop, and test viable productionised Blockchain applications
• Support the adoption of internally and externally developed Blockchain applications and ensuring that business value is achieved
• Support strategic and tactical planning activities where required
Essential Skills and Experience
• Strong background working with Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technologies e.g. Hyperledger, R3 Corda or Ethereum
• Experience creating business cases and/or operating models for emerging technology in established organisations
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience working in Financial Services Technology
• Working knowledge and experience of the Investment Management industry
• Experience of implementing new, innovative technologies in large organisations
• Familiarity with working in Agile development teams (preferably SAFe)
• Experience using DevOps tools such as Jira, TFS, Octopus and Confluence
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new situations quickly
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
• Comfortable working as part of global team
• Ability to successfully navigate project/workplace politics
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and able to manage activities to establish clarity
• Passion for emerging technologies
• Ability to move focus onto new technology as the team focus changes
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.