BlackRock - iShares.com Lead Digital Product Manager APAC - Vice President
Description About this role iShares.com Lead Digital Product Manager, APAC - Vice President
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a best-in-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches seeking to deliver outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Job background
We believe the future of ETF distribution is digital. As ETF adoption skyrockets around the world, we have an outstanding opportunity to shape how the investment industry will evolve. We are on a mission to transform iShares digitally, to champion investor progress by creating the most trusted, valued and relevant digital experience. Are you with us?
We are continuing to build out a digital product management function, and we're looking for someone to lead our APAC iShares product initiatives and activate on this opportunity.
As a lead product manager, you will be responsible for understanding the business priorities and our clients' needs, bringing the two together to drive commercial success. This includes leading, or working with product managers to drive, the strategy, roadmap, development and activation of our iShares digital properties - owning its overall success.
To deliver the product, you will work with a cross-functional team with some regional dispersion. Additionally, the structure of the business means you will operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple partner teams. As you develop and execute the strategy and roadmap you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and partners and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups to ensure we are bringing the best of the full BlackRock platform to clients.
As you build your understanding of our clients, you will identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases, you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
You'll be customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organised, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic. Primary responsibilities
Essential skills / Experience
- Lead our iShares digital product initiatives for APAC, including the vision and strategy, and be the first point of contact for the business
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Communicate product strategy so internal partners understand what we are focused on and why
- Use deep customer insight to evolve the iShares websites to improve customer experience and develop new product propositions
- Help us implement good product management practice, including regular metric sharing
- Keep leadership up to date with the team's progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand
- Stay on top of the competitor landscape and make this a regular practice
- Lead and mentor PMs to cultivate a culture of ownership throughout the product team
- Coach and mentor the team to run at the problem in the right way, using the right discovery techniques and tools, and ensure our product team is delivering the right things, at speed
- Work with marketing, PR, and other business partners on promotional plans to ensure that strategies are coordinated
- Ensure that cross-functional processes are smooth and inbound requests, maintenance and critical issues are swiftly resolved
- Represent the firm and the product by visiting clients to solicit feedback, and be flexible to travel for client insights
- Several years' experience owning the development of awesome digital products and propositions, leading all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build excitement and consensus among the core team, our partner groups and executive management
- Ability to take complex customer and business problems, break them down in a clear, structured way and build novel, creative solutions that solve business and client needs
- Experience with using agile to build a transparent, inclusive and focused environment for teams of 5-10 designers, engineers, and SMEs to deliver their best work
- Proven track record driving an initiative to completion, making informed trade-offs as new information emerges and sweating the last 5% of the details that make a product our users love, and our team is proud of
- Supremely organized and able to prioritize your time to have the greatest impact on the team and on our initiatives
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Flexible, collaborative, empathetic leader who doesn't mind getting hands on when required to help the team
- Curiosity for our business, clients and mission
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.