BlackRock - Technology Product Manager - Associate
Description About this role Technology Product Manager The Team
BlackRock's ETFs and Index Investments (EII) team manages more than $4.3 trillion in global equity & fixed income assets. The group offers investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices, including ETFs (iShares), commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. Our clients include corporates, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
The Platform team works with EII investments and markets professionals on developing and executing platform strategy and owns technology risk management for the business. Our mission is to align technology initiatives to maximize their impact and deliver scale to the growing world of ETFs! We have a global remit and are passionate about innovation and using technology to solve business challenges and enable growth. Role and Impact
We are looking for a hardworking and curious Product Manager to establish a Platform team presence in London! You will own aspects of daily platform management and lead coordination between various EII functions and partners across the firm. Your focus will be EMEA and APAC but you will be empowered to manage technology risk and develop the global platform strategy. The team and function are less than a year old, giving you the opportunity to develop product management skills and learn about index investing while building the ETF ecosystem and helping the team extend its reach. Your responsibilities
- Manage various aspects of our platform with a focus on resolving issues, collaborating with all affected teams and partners groups, ensuring appropriate regional communications and owning any follow-ups
- Engage with partners in EII and across BlackRock to develop and execute the platform strategy, including change and release management, and create a reporting framework that builds transparency for EII management
- Partner with the Aladdin Product Group (APG) and partner teams to ensure operational readiness for all large events such as major index rebalances and coordinate the response to any platform instability
- Work with teams across the engine to identify and drive process improvements and ensure initiatives are appropriately prioritized
- Establish platform/product management methodologies that can be embraced globally
- 2+ years substantial experience in a technology support, product management or financial technology service type roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- Experience with financial technology such as Aladdin, Bloomberg, FactSet, Eikon and SQL/Python skills preferred
- Forward thinking skills and desire to innovate & improve processes while paying attention to details
- Knowledge of and interest in ETFs, index portfolio management & capital markets
- Ability to stay calm, multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a fast-paced environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.