BlackRock - EMEA Product Engineering - Associate
Description About this role What team will you be on?
You will join the ETF and Index Investment (EII) EMEA Product Engineering team which is part of the EII Global Engine. The EII Global Engine mission is to drive investment quality and scale across the index platform, lead the modernization of the indexing industry and to drive solutions and innovation for indexing clients.
The Product Engineering team consists of three groups which cover: Product Architecture, Product Integrity and Product Delivery. You will become part of the Product Architecture team who are responsible for the design and delivery of new product structures and operating models for the iShares business. iShares is the market leader in exchange traded funds (ETFs) marketed and managed by BlackRock. Why is your job important?
You will be responsible for identifying optimal risk-managed solutions to meet the commercial goals of EII and to enhance the financial well-being of our clients.
This Associate level role will assist a lead Architect in the design, planning and build of new product structures and operating models. It will involve close collaboration with multiple internal and external partners to plan, identify and coordinate change across the BlackRock business.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting segment within the asset management industry. It offers fantastic exposure for someone looking to better understand and contribute to the evolution of the ETF ecosystem at BlackRock. You will become an EII product and platform specialist capable of navigating the business and all teams which influence the design of our exchange traded products. What will you be doing?
You will support the lead Product Architect in project management and as business analyst to:
- Translate and document requirements into business process and system flows that will help technology build the appropriate solution and drive the development discussion
- Identify and propose solutions that meet the requirements of the initiative while mitigating risk to the business
- Maintain and complete project tracker. Engage with key business partners regularly to discuss deliverables and agree dates. This also includes regular production of status updates.
- Identify and detail keys risks and constraints that may impact the project
And support the Product Architecture team by:
What are we looking for?
- Leading a workstream on a larger project/initiative and run to a successful close. Including the responsibility of a small-medium product/platform change project
- Continually grow and deepen your knowledge of the iShares products and operating models in each region
- Keeping up to date on new platform improvement not necessarily implemented by Product Architecture
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders and delivery partners across BlackRock and EII
- Logical and inquisitive personality, willing to question and challenge to further understanding
- Organised and detail orientated
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to business users and technologists, both written and verbal
- Experience of delivering business process change in a project team environment
- A good understanding of either Equity, Fixed Income, ETFs or derivative type products
- Have some knowledge and understanding of the asset management processes life-cycle, in particular: trading, portfolio management, confirmation, settlement, transfer agency, accounting, regulatory compliance, risk, etc.
- Knowledge of the following an advantage:
- Index Investment and ETF product operating models
- BlackRock's Aladdin & technology organisation and investment systems
- Working within virtual teams incorporating internal and external partners
- IMC, CFA or MBA a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.