GBSU/EQD/DAR (Data, Analytics and Reporting) Department is primarily engaged to provide IT Solution
for the Prime Services business line, with both internal and external clients. The two main responsibilities
of this department are to develop and maintain a client facing portal (Pulse) and the data distribution for
Prime Services which feeds to Pulse and many other downstream applications such as Risk / Finance /
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
• Development in the UK team of the new Azure-based replacement of the Global Data
• Handle development tasks using Azure, Spark, Hive, Kubernetes, Java, PostGres SQL.
• Liaise with Infrastructure teams to ensure proper application configuration, deployment and
• Provides level three support during EMEA business hours in rotation with other developers.
• Liaise with business users to collect and define solution requirements
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
• The resource will actively contribute to build the new Prime Services Data Hub based on Azure,
replacing GOLD (Global On Line Datawarehouse), the current multi-asset platform built to
support our reporting capabilities.
• Experience developing multi threaded application using Java Concurrency for high volume data
• Microservice architecture using Springboot framework
• Experience in building and deploying services in Docker containers using swarm/Kubernetes
• knowledge of Elastic Search, Logstash & Kibana tech stack
• Mentoring junior team members, overseeing the project delivery from offshore team after
building the core framework of the application.
• Advice on new frameworks, tools to improve the scalability & performance of the software
• Work in Global team practicing Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline for build/deployment automation
• Handle development for SCRAT, the RWA application for the Client profitability team.
o Handle development on the GOLD-RED interface.
Non CP/APR positions
o handle front-end development related to the Client Portal PULSE and any other
analytics application like Tableau, Scheduler etc
o handle Risk / Finance / Regulatory Reporting / Treasury requests for GOLD development
o handle real time messaging (RabbitMQ and IBMMQ) code for client solution group
o be involved with the review and submission of solution designs
o be involved in regular code reviews tied to on-going component development
o be involved into enhancements and level 3 support of existing applications such as CCP
Margin Simulation tool, Locate, GPMxA and other Client Access & Datagroup legacy
o Employs industry standard best practices for integration patterns
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions
should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
Delegated responsibilities (if applicable)
In addition to the minimum responsibilities please tick any of the following responsibilities that apply to the role:
( x ) Comply with all Risk and regulatory obligations where relevant
( ) Responsibility to act within agreed risk limit (credit/market, etc...)
( x ) Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or
other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility
( x ) Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company's Conduct and Standards and corresponding
regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates
Level of Autonomy and Authority - Define the autonomy of the role and what the job holder can authorise and
make decisions on - If applicable
Autonomous but work with the team members located in Bangalore (offshore) and Chicago on weekly basis to get visibility and
stay up to date of new features being added to pulse by these teams.
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
• InteliJ, Tomcat, Single-Sign-On, OAuth2
• Spring framework, Java 8+, Azure ADLS, Spark, Oozie
• Strong experience with Cloud & Big Data technology (Spark, Hive, Avro, Parquet) & Scala/Kotlin
• Strong experience with development life cycle products such as SVN, CVS, Maven, Hudson
• UNIX experience including basic administration skills
• Strong experience with relational databases development including Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL
• Excellent communication skills and a good team player.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory screening, including a satisfactory criminal
This Job description MUST be updated every 3 years or
where there is a change of responsibilities
Non CP/APR positions
• Experience with interfacing with teams (development, business analysis) located in other
• Strong autonomy required.
Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Location: London, UK
Rate/Salary: 750.00 - 900.00 GBP Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.