Big Data Engineer
c. £100-140k base + bonus (220k TC) Summary
Great opportunity for a big data specialist to join one of the world's most prestigious hedge funds. You will face off to portfolio managers and various profit-generating trading teams, solving the market and financial data issues faced by the firm.
The successful engineer will join a small, specialist team which serves as the data arm of a large portfolio management group. You will use state-of-the-art technologies as you contribute to the collecting, storing, processing and analyzing of huge sets of data. Collaborating with multiple business areas, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the optimal data pipeline architecture and building analytics tools.
This role would be perfect for a business/customer-focused individual, who is passionate about optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years' experience in similar role
- Top-notch academics in Computer Science, Maths (or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge of big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Kafka, etc.
- OO programming skills in Python, Java, Scala, etc.
Rewards & Incentives
- Cloud platforms, e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL, including SL Server, MySQL and Cassandra
- Financial knowledge in Equities, Futures or Fixed Income (ideally cross-asset experience)
- Significant salary + bonus + benefits
- Create complex software solutions to solve challenging problems in agile environment
- Positive, friendly culture and rewarding place to work
If you feel you are suitable for this role, drop me an email or give me a call! Richard Allan
[t] +44 (0)20 3137 9574
c. £100-140k base + bonus (220k TC)