A leading and well respected specialist research and portfolio advisory firm is looking to add a bright and analytically minded individual to their London office. The role in question will sit within a close knit research team where it will be expected that the person will have plenty of client facing exposure. Our client is keen to consider candidates from either an audit, compliance, operational risk or legal background. This is an excellent career opportunity for somebody who is looking to get into a more analytical role with increased client exposure.
Purpose of the role:
- To analyse, review, and monitor alternative fund operational processes and risks with a focus on trading and systems, conflicts of interest and other potential business risks.
- Producing comprehensive reports for the company’s clients.
- Liaising with clients about the company’s findings on managers.
The vast majority of this role involves on-site visits/meetings, conducting research, verification with various service providers, reference checking, document reviews, etc. A significant portion of the role will entail liaising with external parties while performing due diligence checks, as well as reviewing underlying funds’ financial and legal documents. Senior principals provide training and mentoring.
This role will involve reporting directly to the person responsible for due diligence on European hedge funds and private equity firms, and will require close collaboration with the due diligence teams across other global locations. New hires are expected to quickly develop both the subjective and objective skills necessary to assess the business risks of hedge funds from an investor’s point of view. Over time, all team members are expected to forge their own relationships throughout the industry.
Qualifications / Skills required:
- Those who have completed the ACA (or a similar qualification) will have a definite advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Transferable work experience, with knowledge of or experience in hedge fund valuations, compliance, legal or operational risk.
- Possession of or wanting to gain relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA or CAIA)
- Be a proactive self-starter, proficient time management, and a multi-tasker
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- IT systems literacy