Benefits Design and Implementation Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
We are currently looking for Benefits Design and Implementation Manager
Working closely with the Group Pensions & Benefits (P&B) team, and in conjunction with the Global Benefits Design Lead, in this project role you will be focused on the re-design of benefits for our colleagues, introducing greater choice for colleagues across the Bank's larger markets, and then managing the implementation. This programme of "Global Benefits Transformation" is intended to align practice with the Bank's recently-established Global Benefits Principles. The programme is being managed through phases, which are anticipated to run at least until 2021. The phasing means that countries in the Africa & Middle East should go live from 2019, and it is intended that this role should support this region in particular.
The role is therefore structured currently to be for the period up to mid-2021, with the possibility of extension. It will be based in London.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
For designated markets:
1. Working with local and Group stakeholders including management, P&B team members, PRB (Performance, Reward and Benefits) advisory colleagues, service delivery (locally and in Global Business Services support in Chennai and elsewhere), employee relations and legal, to manage the review of benefit structures locally in line with the design principles and template for designated markets. Primary responsibility for the development of the refreshed benefits will remain at the local/regional level;
2. To work with the Head, Pensions & Benefits, Global Benefits Design Lead, other Global Benefits Design and Implementation Managers, and P&B team members in the continued development of global benefit design principles and approaches for the purposes of consistency;
3. To manage the support of consultants and third parties, including linking in with the technology vendor to ensure that refreshed benefits can be successfully delivered online;
4. To work with local colleagues in order establish the basis for agreement to the new structure of benefits;
5. To manage the calculation of grandfathered values of benefits (carried out by a third party);
6. To manage the timetable of benefit re-design within the overall requirements of the Benefits Transformation programme;
7. To manage the change and implementation of the new designs, working with colleagues within country and support functions, including the process re-alignment required to support the new benefits;
8. To liaise closely with the Benefits Transformation Programme Manager, and other programme colleagues, in establishing the sequencing of work across the countries;
9. To build and maintain a good knowledge of benefit offerings and new trends and developments in benefit design and governance for the countries in which the Bank operates.
Qualifications and Skills
· Knowledge and experience across the full range of pensions and benefits (defined as non-cash/shares elements of reward);
· A professional qualification, e.g. actuarial or similar, is preferred;
· Technical knowledge of insurance and captive arrangements is an advantage but not essential;
· An understanding of the diversity of pensions and benefits legislation, custom and practice across the countries in which the Group operates;
· An understanding of the range of delivery approaches for different benefits;
· Experience of best practice within major multinational companies;
· Experience of change and benefits process re-engineering preferred;
· Experience of benefits and benefit change across Africa and the Middle East preferred;
· The ability and experience to win the confidence of senior management throughout the world;
· Communication skills to articulate complex issues simply and comprehensibly;
· The ability to develop and maintain personal relationships with staff of all nationalities through the Group;
· The ability to work independently; identifying and prioritising key issues then managing them through to a conclusion;
· Strong experience of project management and delivery;
· Focus on high standards, quality and high attention to detail;
· A willingness to travel in order to participate in local meetings, across the markets in which the Bank operates.
· Internal: Head, Pensions and Benefits, Benefits Transformation Global Benefits Design Lead, Benefits Transformation Programme Manager, HR change team, Pensions & Benefits Team, Insurable Risk, technology teams, Regional PRB Advisory, Local PRB Delivery; local management with pensions or benefits responsibilities, Benefits teams within the Global Business Services.
· External: vendors, including the global benefits portal provider, insurance networks and companies, underwriters, existing and potential new benefits providers, administrators, legal, actuarial, benefit specialists and other consultants; international benefit managers in similar multinational companies; regulators; authorities.
Regulatory & Business conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Display the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...