Balance Sheet Management Lead Analyst - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Balance Sheet Management Lead Analyst - Vice President
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010568
Corporate Treasury Balance Sheet and Liquidity Management Lead Analyst for the EU Bank Chain Country Legal Entity ("CLE") and its Material Legal Entities ("MLEs").
Contribute to efficient and profitable growth within the firm's balance sheet constraints by providing oversight, analysis and advice to business leaders and senior management on liquidity, new product propositions, contingent funding access, collateral optimisation, transfer pricing, liquidity premium and ad-hoc regulatory requests.
This role ensures the effective management of liquidity within Citi's EU Bank Chain CLE and its MLEs. The position resides within EMEA Corporate Treasury - Legal Entity team and is based in London.
The focus is on Balance sheet and Liquidity Risk Management for the EU Bank Chain CLE and its MLEs. The role provides guidance to the Budapest Corporate Treasury team and FRSS Liquidity Reporting teams.
Significant collaboration with regional Markets Treasury, Bank Chain businesses, Treasury Independent Risk Management, Global Liquidity Management, other Finance teams, Operations and FRSS Liquidity Reporting Teams.
Liquidity Management and Oversight:
- Provide timely and appropriate updates on liquidity management to Corporate Treasury management, Treasury Independent Risk Management, Global Liquidity Management and the appropriate
- Asset Liability Committees (ALCO) and other governance forums such as the UK Branch Management Board.
- Forecast and manage the key liquidity metrics in EU Bank Chain CLE and its MLEs, including RLAP, US Regulatory LCR, S2 and NSFR. Report production is performed in Mumbai FRSS and first level review in Budapest Corporate Treasury.
- Partners with Markets Treasury and other key bank businesses to ensure the metrics stay above the required limits and triggers. Instruct balance sheet and funding actions where necessary to improve the metrics.
- Contribute to the Annual Funding and Liquidity Plans (FLP) and Contingency Funding Plans (CFP) for EU Bank CLE and its MLEs.
- Partner with New York Corporate Treasury, CEP Corporate Treasury and Local Markets Treasury to ensure the efficient management of liquidity across the regions
- Become an expert in Citi's Liquidity Risk Management Policy. Confirm that the assumptions are appropriate, ensure compliance and use local expertise to help shape future policy, where appropriate
- Provide oversight on the intraday liquidity governance process, including managing sufficient liquidity reserves, liaising with businesses and ensuring appropriate Resolution Planning disclosures
- Work with NPAC approvers to assess the liquidity and balance sheet impact of new product proposals
Balance sheet Management:
- Play a strategic role in optimising securities and collateral with consideration for intraday clearing requirements, margin requirements, regulatory requirements and internal stress assumptions, including analysis of market depth and monetization capability
- Manage the daily and weekly cash-flow forecasting process and ensure timely and accurate information is shared with senior management and New York. Improve the cash-flow forecast process with an aim to reduce the Actuals gap to projections and improve back-testing results
- Play an active role in Brexit planning, including balance sheet and liquidity forecasting and assessing the viability of any new bank legal entities
- Oversee allocation of Treasury assets to the relevant businesses. Work with New York Corporate Treasury and Financial Planning and Analysis to enhance understanding of the allocation process and the balance sheet drivers.
- Interaction with senior management
- The opportunity to present to forums including ALCO, governance committees and regulatory engagements
- Making a significant contribution to ensuring the firm meets its financial targets through efficient use of the balance sheet
- Understanding of Bank's liquidity concepts like US Regulatory LCR, RLAP, RLEN and, S2, NSFR and CRD IV liquidity regulations
- Understanding of Citi's transfer pricing and liquidity premium policies
- Exposure to a broad range of business areas and products
- Leadership and oversight of remote teams
Knowledge / Experience:
- English language at proficient level both written and oral. Other languages are a plus
- Prior Treasury and/or Finance function experience required
- Understanding of the Markets Treasury/funding desk, Operations and other finance activities of the bank that have a direct impact on balance sheet and liquidity risk management is desirable
- Knowledge of capital markets, transaction services and securities is desirable
- University degree. Post graduate quality a plus
- Prior Treasury and/or Finance function experience required; well exposed to the analytical and reporting aspects of key balance sheet management tools and processes, especially in relation to liquidity management processes
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Strong spreadsheet / PowerPoint skills
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and multi-task; ability to work under pressure
- Ability and desire to see the "bigger picture", prioritise, put things into perspective and have the ability to draw conclusions and make decisions based on complex issues
- Comfortable communicating across teams and geographies, taking into account cultural sensitivities and different working practices
- Ambitious and willing to learn; able to quickly assimilate new information
- Diplomatic; able to manage situations where conflicts of interest may arise
- Able to act as a partner to the businesses
- Ability to take decisions and/or escalate where appropriate, to deliver results and meet objectives in a defined timeframe
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer