Background Screening Analyst
Description About this role
The People Operations team within the HR Platforms & Infrastructure at BlackRock is responsible for the effective delivery and support of all employee and talent related operational activities across the HR function globally. The function is comprised of the following: contactHR, Talent Acquisition Operations, Background Screening, and Talent Management Operations. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about providing excellent client service with a process improvement and risk management mind set to join our Background Screening team. The team is responsible for partnering with our external background screening administrators and various internal partners, to support compliant and streamlined screening processes. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Execute the background screening process for new hires, re-hires, and 3rd party workers, in compliance with regulatory requirements while following BlackRock policies.
- Execute the employee re-screen program: send communications, adhere to re-screening timelines, and answer employee questions throughout the process.
- Sighting of ID documents in accordance to UK DBS guidelines for candidates and employees
- Completion of the Right to Work verification process for UK hires on or before their first day
- Support additional programs related to an employee's eligibility to work for BlackRock, which may include regulatory reference completion.
- Adjudicate background screening reports to established standards following a set process and controls to mitigate risk while using sound judgement and escalating as appropriate through a predefined escalation matrix.
- Maintain all relevant documentation aligned with BlackRock's policies and local privacy laws.
- Stay up to date with the regulatory landscape as it impacts the screening, DBS sighting, and Right to Work processes while ensuring a smooth user experience
- Recognize opportunities to streamline processes and enhance the user experience throughout the screening process, and proactively seek and suggest solutions to leadership.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years previous experience in related field; experience in HR, onboarding, background screening or related field preferred.
- An ability to manage a large volume of varied requests and deliver with accuracy and speed.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of candidates/employees via phone and e-mail.
- Verbal and written communication skills in languages other than English are desirable.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problems solving skills.
- Process-oriented, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to exercise critical judgment
- Adherence to strict procedures and documentation requirements
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- The ability to flex solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact.
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrixed environment (preferred); proven ability to work independently but also to build and sustain high performing partnerships, both locally and globally.
- A strong work ethic - ability to work on their own initiative and manage own time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, team-work oriented and comfortable working with remote team members.
- Proactive and a result driven mindset.
- Ability to build effective and trusted relationships across the HR function.
- Experience with Workday and Consumer Reporting Agency platforms a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.