Back-end developer - Python
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8.3 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description OUR TECH STACK
At Octopus Labs we're building everything a suite of micro-services. We have two teams. One is building micro-services in Python, running on Tornado and hosted on Kubernetes in Google Cloud. The other team, dealing with decommissioning of legacy systems, is building micro-services in .Net core on Azure. Our front-end developers use React. All backend teams use MySQL databases. Jenkins for our deployment pipeline and Sentry for exception reporting. We are integrating everything, from our own micro-services to third-party tools, into Slack. YOU:
- Python developer with several years of experience.
- You code because you love to "build stuff".
- You have a "can do" attitude and love to experiment
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- We're one of the largest VCs in Europe.
- We love entrepreneurs.
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- Started in a bedroom 17 years ago and still run by the same founders we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
You will be a key part of a small team that will build very high volume FinTech platforms from the ground up. WHY?
Flexible working hours.
Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
Very diverse/multinational team.