BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for seeking and building high level
relationships through driving net sales and growth for strategically important and influential client segments and commodity specific sectors, large and/or complex contracts and delivering customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution.
Consultative Sales and Negotiations, Increased Customer Engagement
• Responsible for the creation and execution of strategic direction within their set territory.
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process.
• Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth.
• Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations.
• Retention of existing business.
• Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions, conducting extensive high-level customer-facing presentations and new product development discussions.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops and regularly updates comprehensive customer-centric account sales strategy/ plan that is established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts' strategy.
• Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from key stakeholders from other functions.
• Is able to work across functions and collaborate so as to provide utmost value to customer and draw best results for Platts.
• Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting.
• Provides accurate forecasting against pipeline and ACV achievements.
• Is able to work in a team environment and closely with Account Manager of the region so as to build a sound and consistent strategy for the region and help build team capability.
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers' explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner.
• Degree preferred, with minimum 5-7 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role.
• Entrepreneurial, self-motivated operator.
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure.
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness.
• Proven leadership in managing multi-national global accounts.
• Proven success in handling complex contract negotiations.
• Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize.
• Competent with systems (Oracle, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Travelling required around the region at least once a month.