BMC Business Lead, London and South - Associate Director - UK&I - Permanent
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team at EY UK, helping the business, across London middle-market and the South of England, to win in the marketplace by building deep client and influencer relationships, exploring major opportunities for revenue growth and consistent reputation building. The Opportunity
Working as a valued member of the EY London and South leadership teams and the broader BMC team, you will be accountable for designing a strategy and creating campaigns and actions derived from the business strategy, internally and externally. You will be the first point of contact relating to all matters regarding BMC and will sit on the respective leadership teams of EY in London and across the South (South West, Thames Valley and South Coast, and East). Your Key Responsibilities
You will be accountable for delivering the following:
- The overarching BMC strategy for London middle-market and our business across the South of England in alignment with the overall geographies BMC and business strategy.
- Creating and driving commercial, creative, proactive and measurable campaigns that contribute to building a positive reputation for EY in these regions and building strong relationships with key buyers and influencers.
- Advising leaders on questions relating to all BMC functions and services, e.g. specific flagship programs.
- Working with relevant communications colleagues to help develop strong external profiles for key spokespeople locally.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactively developing your external networks to ensure you are building deep market insights and strong local connections with relevant third parties and media outlets.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with Business Development to deliver on EY and BMC strategic priorities.
- Working closely with the campaign manager to develop strong and clear campaign briefs, so the hub team can best support the delivery and roll-out of programmes.
- Staying up to date with competitive activity and positioning, ongoing trends and best practices and providing insights to stakeholders
- Supporting and encouraging methods for driving innovation and change.
- Working together with other Senior Managers across the industries, geographies and service lines to enhance the client experience, strengthen client relationships and facilitate revenue opportunities.
- Operational Excellence: Budget and financial management. Ensure compliance with all EY planning, quality and risk management processes.
- Demonstrate ROI for all BMC initiatives looking at specific measures including improved perception of EY, increased share of voice, enhanced relationships, opportunities identified, no. of clients involved in initiatives etc.
- Limited direct line management responsibilities but has indirect responsibility on the resources that work on their programmes
To qualify for the role you must have
- A marketing and comms leader with 5+ years' experience operating at a senior level within a B2B company
- Strong strategic skills to develop long-term vision and the ability to translate it into actionable and measurable plans
- Ability to influence key decision makers to ensure the right outcomes for the business
- Data focused with the ability to translate data into strategic actions real-time
- Strong commercial skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across a number of stakeholders, constructively challenging requirements and current state to increase overall value to the firm as a whole
- Strong people leadership skills with experience in building a high performing team. Determination and resilience to cut through barriers and get results through people
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong technical marketing & communications knowledge and ability to apply this knowledge in the design and delivery of successful campaigns
- A degree in Marketing/or business related degree; or equivalent work experience
Ideally, you'll also have
What we look for
- Significant experience in marketing or communications management in a corporate environment
What working at EY offers
- Strong understanding of current and emerging market trends and go-to-market opportunities
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.