If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
The BI & Analytics function will provide a 'single source of truth' for data within the organisation and all requests for reports, data extracts and other forms of BI will be channeled through the BI & Analytics team. It will also handle data migration and integration activities. This will allow Tilney Smith & Williamson to provide consistent and reconcilable data and this developer role is key to delivering this capability.
As BI & Analytics Developer your responsibilities will include :
- Work with key personnel throughout the organisation to specify, maintain and uphold the definitions (both business and technical) of fundamental data objects (e.g. Client, Prospect, Account, Fee etc.)
- Develop Business Intelligence/DWH and reporting solutions, including ad hoc data analysis, by interpreting business requirements from stakeholders and Business Analysts, and advising on appropriate technical solutions
- Ensure that reports and analysis are architected using a formally structured approach and are built based upon a defined suite of fundamental data objects
- Ensure that reports and supporting data objects are properly specified and are designed for reuse
- Ensure reconciliation of data between different report types and that data definitions are clear to the users of the reports
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive use of and fully conversant in Transact SQL and working in Microsoft SQL Server, building SQL scripts and using tools like SQL profiler, SQL Server Agent etc.
- Skilled in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL/ELT development
- Understanding of the principles of ETL technical design & data warehouse design
- Understanding and experience of Kimball dimensional modelling techniques
- Experience in using Microsoft Azure (Data Factory or Synapse) as part of an ETL/ELT pipeline.
- Skilled in and experience in building and maintaining Tabular Models in Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Skilled in building PowerBI data visualisation solutions, or an aptitude to learn new tools that are provisioned
- Skilled in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality, working as 'Team Player' in the BI & Analytics team, with can do attitude
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand business processes and information flow
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel to different office locations as required by the role
- Understanding of the principles of IT security and data protection
As our colleague here at Tilney, Smith & Williamson you will have access to benefits that include:
- Competitive salary
- life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, created by the merger of Tilney and Smith & Williamson on 1 September 2020.
With £54.8 billion of assets under management (as of 30 June 2021), it ranks as the third largest UK wealth manager measured by revenues and the eighth largest professional services firm ranked by fee income. The Group currently operates through three principal brands: Tilney, Smith & Williamson, and online investment service Bestinvest. It has a network of 28 offices across the UK, as well as the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. Through its operating companies, the Group offers an extensive range of financial and professional services to individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, and businesses
Tilney Smith & Williamson's chosen purpose to "place the power of good advice into more hands" succinctly encapsulates the group's central mission of supporting both individuals and businesses to achieve their goals.
In delivering its purpose, Tilney Smith & Williamson have set out three core values that it is committed to embedding in the culture of the business:
- Personal - we treat you as an individual: We are a people business at heart and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive, and personalised service to all of our clients, large and small.
- Partnership - we go further together: We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations. We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value for our clients, our company and society at large.
- Performance - we strive for more: We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.
The Tilney Smith & Williamson Group recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief. At Tilney Smith & Williamson we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.