BFC Product Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
BFC Product Analyst
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Commodities
Are you currently working in CFO and ready for your next move? Want to work with a variety of financial and physical products that are offered to a range of clients? You will work with key business partners are the Trading Desk, Price Verification (PVG), Credit & Market risk, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting Policy and the Capital management team.
The index business offers non-traditional commodity clients a way to access and participate in commodity performance through the marketing of bespoke commodity indices.
CFO is reputable for their interest in Internal Mobility and Career Development. We help you build the career that you want.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Review, oversight and substantiation of the balance sheet, daily P&L Explain and its provision for VaR back testing
- Analysis of daily sub-ledger P&L, including any adjustments, generated by Middle Office for management reporting
- Oversight of Daily P&L reporting to local and regional management
- Review of daily P&L commentary and substantiation based on market events
- Review and substantiation of material new deals
- Reporting on movement of balance sheet & substantiation based on transactional activity
- Review, oversight and reporting of structured transactions, partnering with support groups including accounting policy, capital, credit and risk to ensure the correct treatment as part of the new deal approval process and on an ongoing basis
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly) in line with current policies, working with PVG to improve processes and ensure correct application of methodologies
- Maintaining valuation adjustment & reserve calculations such that they are in-line with current policies
- Partnering with PVG and the valuation control team to implement regulatory requirements around valuation control
- Reporting and substantiation of price verification, reserve and prudent valuation calculations
- Provision of financial expertise in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platform and Systems
- Weekly, Monthly & Quarterly revenue commentary
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc.) including inventory aging, and reporting (Managerial and Regulatory)
- Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy)
- Handling key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business
- Month end close, including regulatory financial disclosures
- Exercise of control oversight on behalf of the business
- Participation in the New Product Review and Appropriation Request processes: modelling structures, process scenarios, review, and control
- Contributing to regulatory and governance processes, operational error reporting and support of other internal control processes, including SOX
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Knowledge of commodity products (helpful)
- Excellent Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Experience of regulatory disclosures
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- Client focused approach
- Drives execution: Consistently delivers superior results, persists despite obstacles, setbacks and competing influences. Continuously looks for new and better ways of doing things
- Demonstrates Accounting Knowledge and applies Financial Analysis Skills
- Skillfully influences others to acquire resources, overcome barriers, and gain support to ensure the team's success
- Develops solid interpersonal alliances at appropriate levels, both within and outside the organisation; builds solid relationships characterised by mutual respect, understanding and trust
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.