- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Azure Platform Developer
Azure Platform DeveloperWhat we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced full stack Microsoft developer with strong experience of using design patterns ideally with some exposure or experience around azure. You will have a real interest in cloud technologies and whilst you don't need to be an expert you will be a strong developer who is keen to learn more about software defined infrastructure within an agile environment.
The team is a small agile team of peers who work together to deliver a state-of-the art platform for Schroders' development community. You will be a peer member in this team of engineers responsible for delivering and managing an Azure platform used by Schroders developers globally. The cloud platform development team work closely with applications development teams to identify and implement Platforms as a Service using Infrastructure as Code i.e. all the platforms, including network components, are created using a DevOps pipeline and code changes.
What you'lll need to do
• You will design, build and implement new Platforms as a Service requested by development teams (e.g. Databricks)
• Upgrade existing services (e.g. ASE).
• Improve processes for provisioning of services.
• Understand the capabilities of Azure platforms and help application development teams understand which service to use when.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• Must have Microsoft development experience and understand the full software development life cycle
• Must understand different design patterns used by Microsoft Stack developers
• Must have demonstrated use of Agile methodology for delivery
• Must have experience using a DevOps pipeline
• Should have experience using Terraform
• Should have a Microsoft Accredited professional qualification relating to Azure
What you'll be like
• As a developer building the platform for all of Schroders developers you will be interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Friendly, people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Calm, you're positive and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Like to solve problems and continually find better ways to do things
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.