Who we're looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a business-minded and technology-savvy individual to join a forward-thinking team within a market-leading asset management firm.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Automation Analyst role sits within Schroders' Operations Innovation Group. The group is responsible for driving intelligent automation and innovation within Schroders. The group engages and collaborates with Operations, Investment, Finance and Technology to identify, prioritise and deliver automated solutions to business teams. Once automated, the group is responsible for the ongoing support and optimisation of the digital workforce.
What you'll do
The Automation Analyst works closely with the business teams across Schroders to analyse and deliver innovative technological solutions end-to-end and should have some experience across technology skillsets (e.g. Python, Java, C#, Blue Prism, GIT, SQL/NoSQL) and platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP). The automation analyst will be required to:
• Gather and quickly understand user requirements in order to put forward solutions that can reduce manual overhead, mitigate risk and reduce costs for business teams
• Develop, test and deliver technological solutions for business teams using industry leading toolsets
• Assist with the support and triage of existing solutions
• Investigate defects, suggest solutions to prevent recurrence and rectify bug-fixes
• Assist in the training of business users and peers
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
• Ability to commit to and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Familiarity with low/no-code toolsets
• Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Professional experience in an application development role within the financial/banking industry
• Understanding of Lean and Agile principles
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking; carry out objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to make informed decisions
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.