- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Corporate Title: Vice President Location: London Line of Business: Corporate Audit
This is an opportunity for the qualifying candidate to join an established Audit team consisting of auditors with a diverse spectrum of experience and skill. Corporate Audit provides independent assessment and validation of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management models across the Company. Corporate Audit provides a holistic assessment on the risk profile of the Company, and is expected to proactively influence the management of risk across the Company.
- Accountable for overseeing the audit coverage of EMEA Capital Markets (incl. Investment Banking, Corporate Broking, Debt Capital Market, Equity Capital Market and Leverage Finance), providing day to day coaching and guidance to teammates
- Responsible for developing an audit plan for EMEA Capital Markets including proper assessment and coverage of risks and emerging risks and defining audit scope, audit program, and test procedures
- Act as auditor in charge (AIC)
- Oversee audit testing to ensure timely execution within quality standards and conformance to audit policies and procedures
- Assess issues for impact to business processes, controls and strategies; recommends severity ratings and escalation of broad themes or trends
- Drafts quality and timely audit reports and shares results with business leaders
- Manages business partner relationships for EMEA Capital Markets and when conducting specific audits; primary engagement is with business leaders
- Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment
- When leading an audit engagement, is responsible for day to day coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and supports change
- Participates in communication with regulatory agencies
skills and qualifications:
- Experience of Internal Audit / Front Office control review experience in work that covered mostly Capital Market and Investment Banking
- Knowledge of Capital Market products / process and associated risks in a large and recognized comparable Global Financial Services institution.
- Knowledge of other banking products, e.g. Global Transaction Banking (GTS), Corporate Banking and Wholesale Credit Underwriting would be a plus
- Understanding of Credit Rating Model and Process
- Have a broad understanding of the Laws and Regulations impacting the banking business
- Technology audit knowledge or technology related certification is a plus
- University level of education in a recognized University, or equivalent experience
- Professional Certification - ACA / ACCA / CFA / FRM / CIA
- Knowledge of capital market products and associated processes in Front Office and support functions
- Able to perform effectively under pressure and comfortable at presenting complex issues to senior management
- Solid risk assessment, analytical and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of an organization and in a multicultural environment
- Problem solving skills including ability to apply critical thinking
- Develop team members by providing day to day coaching and guidance when acting as an AIC.
- Master project and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Ability to constructively and effectively engage Credit Risk, Compliance, Finance and Operations personnel (including senior management in these functions
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.