Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our audit team works in a fast paced, member-focused, agile audit environment and we have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to be at the heart of the future of the largest building society in the world. Nationwide has an ambitious strategy with our members at its core; and internal audit is looking for a senior manager to develop and deliver assurance over this strategic change.
We’re looking for an experienced senior audit manager with experience of auditing Payments technology, operations, and change. Experience of auditing payments technology in a Cloud environment would be helpful. This knowledge may have been developed through working in an internal audit function. Full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques will be provided, and an understanding of agile change methods will be an advantage, ideally gained in a financial services environment
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have experience of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with payments technology (infrastructure and applications), payments operations and payments change, ideally with Cloud exposure.
- Experience managing engagement in payments attestations is required.
- Be able to collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify strategic audit priorities and develop the audit plan covering strategy and transformation activities. Have exceptional organisational skills to drive the planning and delivery of a suite of audits of varying complexity across our strategy and transformation activities, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology.
- Have experience of leading a high performing team, providing performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help staff be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
- Be able to confidently influence others and build professional business relationships at all levels including executive leaders and directors, showing your proven negotiating skills.
- Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be supported to be your most productive and best self.
- Be comfortable with change, leading the development and implementation of ongoing improvement initiatives to deliver our audit strategy and using your strong communication skills to ensure support for Society and community priorities across the wider team.
- Have an IT relevant certification such as CISA, CISSP or equivalent.
- A good understanding of payments technologies and operations, such as BACS, CHAPS and Faster Payments, as well as attestation requirements for these services.
- Have a good understanding of auditing payments change, including outsourcing of services, as well as new ways of working within these environments e.g. Agile Development practices.
You’ll be managing a team of audit colleagues, providing regular performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help them be at their best whilst delivering high quality and impactful audit work.
You and your team will deliver payments attestations and audits that assess the control environment over payments including technology controls, payments operations and change programmes. This may involve some challenging conversations to agree identified issues, so you’ll need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, be brave enough to challenge and have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders. This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own business area relationships, work in an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team.