Audit Manager, Fraud, Financial Crimes, AVP
State Street's Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company's continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29 countries and more than 32,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street's Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors-advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes;
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts-providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas;
- Efficiency specialists-identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design; and
- Problem-solving partners-looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
The Audit Manager must be an experienced professional with Financial Crime experience who possesses strong auditing skills, and a good knowledge of the key regulations and current regulatory developments relevant to State Street's businesses. Responsibilities include:
Skills and Qualifications
- Plan and manage teams of audit professionals and contracted resources in executing all phases and key milestones of an assigned audit/review
- Manage on-site project teams in documenting audit activities in accordance with professional standards and ensuring documentation meets high quality standards
- Supervise and direct the execution of risk and control assessments
- Supervise effective and efficient testing of key controls
- Review documentation of audit work and conclusion of audit tests results and overall effectiveness of controls
- Draft audit reports in accordance with Division standards to clearly communicate key risks and core audit issues
- Work in partnership with business area management to communicate expectations and manage any project issues that may arise throughout the audit
- Escalate audit issues to senior management and interact with business line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems
- Provide ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation to staff
- Prepare and deliver assignment and periodic constructive feedback to assigned team members through performance evaluations in-line with Division standards
- Assist with audit planning and risk assessments
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Perform other duties as required
In addition, the successful candidate will need:
- Internal Audit and relevant Financial Crime experience in financial services industry (5+ years).
- Degree-level education and a relevant professional qualification with post-qualified experience.
- A range of personal attributes, including being collaborative, determined, energetic, inquisitive, intelligent and articulate;
- To work independently as well as being able support the overall team;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to effectively communicate with senior leaders within business divisions;
- An understanding of key regulations impacting State Street businesses; and
- Willingness to travel.