Audit Manager - Models Audit
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Join us in London as an Audit Manager
- You'll provide independent engagement assurance through leading the engagement team and driving effective project management
- You'll provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control
- This is an opportunity to make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, and working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll drive assurance over the risks associated with the use of models across a wide range of applications - such as Derivatives Valuation, Credit Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Stress Testing and Treasury - by leveraging assurance expertise to design and deliver effective audits.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Leading your team through the engagement stage, effectively managing work and resources, and setting standards of excellence
- Delivering sometimes complex audits on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Leading the production of high quality written reports which detail any issues identified
- Contributing to managing the discussion with key business stakeholders, leading to final issue acceptance and remediation
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a strong, established auditor with extensive audit experience, ideally with exposure to models in an investment banking or trading environment. You'll compliment this with a suitable assurance qualification.
We'll also be looking for:
- Internal audit experience or a strong background in risk management
- Proven competence to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Knowledge of financial markets and the risks associated with the use of models
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements and developments relating to models
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to support and supervise your team through coaching, feedback and development, taking a proactive approach towards identifying and promoting talent
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and to be confident and clear when you need to challenge or influence
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.