Attorney – Equity Derivatives
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Attorney – Equity Derivatives
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President
Line of Business: Legal
Here in our London office we are looking for an Attorney to join our Structured Platforms Legal team within our GBAM - Equities line of business.
The Structured Platforms Legal team requires a lawyer to work closely with the front office in developing, structuring and documenting securitised derivatives transactions. The initial emphasis for you, as the successful candidate, will be to take responsibility for the drafting of legal documentation for note, certificate and warrant transactions linked to a wide range of products, with particular focus on equities, fixed income and commodities.
Our Legal department provides professional legal services to the company and its subsidiaries by addressing legal risks, providing creative solutions and identifying opportunities for our business partners. As a key control partner, we understand the businesses we support and their ultimate client, shareholder and employee goals.
As an Attorney your main responsibilities will involve:
- Advise and assist the securitised products business on a day to day basis. Candidates need a solid understanding of public offer rules for retail offerings across the EU and knowledge of relevant market practice in this area
- Manage the execution process for all legal and listing documentation required for trades. The candidate will have previous experience of drafting and negotiating legal documentation for trades issued under structured platforms linked to complex underlyings including equities, fixed income and commodities
- Work with the business in managing adjustment and other extraordinary events occurring under existing products and take responsibility for drafting legal notices and any other relevant documentation relating to such events
- Implement and ensure compliance with risk control procedures in partnership with the business and have a broad knowledge of relevant financial law and regulation in so far as it affects securitised products - e.g. MIFID and FSA's Treating Customers Fairly initiatives. The candidate should also have a broad understanding of U.S. securities laws and exemptions and their practical application in this area
- Draft and negotiate ancillary documentation such as distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, investor representation and other forms of side letters. Provide input into the team's template database and assist with the initiative to keep this current
- Advise on distribution restrictions across a range of jurisdictions
As an Attorney your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Qualified Lawyer
- Experience working within Investment Banking or exposure to banking environment
- Experience drafting reports
- Exposure to European security law (ideally MiFID II or PRIIPS)
- Experience of transactions is a must
- An excellent attention to detail and accuracy in drafting is a key requirement
- Ability to manage a high volume of transactions within tight deadlines
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.