Assurance Assistant Managers – Wealth & Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Mar 19
KPMG's FRM Wealth and Asset Management specialists advise asset management firms, including traditional managers, hedge funds and wealth managers on a variety of issues and challenges.
KPMG's FRM Wealth and Asset Management specialists advise asset management firms, including traditional managers, hedge funds and wealth managers on a variety of issues and challenges. TKPMG are recruiting for multiple Assurance Assistant managers to join the team in London. The core services are summarised as:
• Assurance Reporting – Controls assurance reporting advice (relating to ISAE 3402, AAF 01/06, SSAE 18 etc.), GIPS, Benchmark Assurance, AUPs, ad hoc assurance
• Governance & Controls – Operational Due Diligence, Governance Reviews, Policies and Procedures Reviews, Investment Operations Reviews, Outsourcing Reviews
• Risk & Capital Management – Risk Management Framework development, Assurance Mapping, Risk Appetite, Strategic Risk Assessment, Regulatory Capital Assessments (ICAAP)
We are an ambitious and growing team which works with a variety of other departments in KPMG across financial services including banking and insurance, and across KPMG’s service functions of Advisory, Audit and Tax. We are highly regarded internally and at the forefront of emerging practice, helping to define the KPMG approach to client solutions the wealth and asset management sector.
� Advising clients to produce internal controls reports for the first time under recognised standards such as AAF 01/06, ISAE 3402 and SSAE 18 and in developing areas such as benchmark assurance.
• Conducting internal quality assurance reviews over draft internal controls reports using specialist knowledge to advise KPMG audit teams and manage the firm’s risk.
• Verifying clients’ compliance with GIPS, helping clients become GIPS compliant for the first time, and providing ad hoc technical advice to clients.
• Assurance engagements for example internal audit-type reviews focussing on investment operations, or investment performance track record verification.
• The role also includes opportunities to deliver client presentations, contribute to thought leadership, work on business development, assist with project management and coach members of the team.
• Deliver high quality advisory and assurance engagements to a range of firms including top-tier global asset managers, hedge funds and fund manager start-ups.
• Assist clients with the drafting of internal controls assurance reports based on a strong understanding of operational risks in asset managers and of internal controls assurance standards.
• Deliver GIPS verification engagements, stay up-to-date with developments in GIPS and trends in investment performance, help clients navigate changing requirements, and provide ad hoc advice to clients on technical matters.
• Prepare and deliver presentations and seminars on technical topics both internally to the FRM team and externally as part of client engagements
• Assist with aspects of engagement management activities including internal risk management procedures, budgeting, timely billing and recovery of client chargeable time
Qualification and Skills required:
• Experience working in financial services industry, in particular the asset and wealth management sectors.
• Experience of assurance reporting – Controls assurance reporting advice (relating to ISAE 3402, AAF 01/06, SSAE 18 etc.), GIPS, Benchmark Assurance, AUPs, ad hoc assurance
• Experience of working as an auditor or consultant.
• Experience of Governance & Controls – Operational Due Diligence, Governance Reviews, Policies and Procedures Reviews, Investment Operations Reviews, Outsourcing Reviews.
• Be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, taking on new challenges, dealing with changing client demands, whilst delivering work to a high standard of quality and demonstrating strong attention to detail.
• Project management skills demonstrated by a record of assurance and advisory project delivery.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally especially at senior levels.