Associates & Managers - Restructuring Alvarez & Marsal
- Competitive basic & bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alvarez & Marsal
- 17 Sep 17
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on traditional Restructuring practices. Identifying this as an opportunity for growth, A&M is expanding its Restructuring reach with the stated aim of quickly becoming the first global, independent, full service Restructuring advisor.
Associates & Managers
Alvarez & Marsal
Companies, investors, lenders and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com.
Our heritage is restructuring, but for over 30 years we have grown from a premier restructuring boutique to a global consulting firm with more than $1 billion in revenues. Over the course of time we have experienced the shifts in the various regulatory environments around the world.
Establishing a presence in Europe over ten years ago, the European business now has some 600 staff in a broad range of professional services including: Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax and Disputes and Investigation Services as well as a market leading Private Equity route to market servicing Transaction Advisory and Portfolio Company Performance Improvement. More recently, the European Restructuring team has focused on big ticket company side financial restructuring and CRO appointments, within the last year delivering on some of the largest European restructuring cases such as Abengoa, Edcon and Isolux.
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on the Restructuring practices of the Big 4 accounting firms which create an obstacle for the practitioners to fully realize their potential. We believe that the beneficiaries of the disruption will be non-audit consulting firms such as Alvarez & Marsal. Identifying this as an opportunity for growth, A&M is expanding its Restructuring reach to offer the full range of services with the stated aim of quickly becoming the first global, independent, full service Restructuring advisor.
A&M in London has, in the last 6 months, strengthened its Restructuring presence in financial restructuring and Insolvency by recruiting a high profile team at Managing Director / Partner level to complement the existing debtor advisory team. The Restructuring group is now successfully generating work at a rapid pace and, as a result, is now looking for talented individuals to join its expanding team with an initial focus on the Associate and Senior Associate / Manager grades.
At these levels, we are looking for individuals with 3 to 6 years restructuring experience working on restructuring advisory (lender or company-side) or insolvency (formal insolvency or contingency planning) assignments. Successful candidates will have unlimited opportunities to either focus on one of these areas or on a broad range of assignments across the restructuring spectrum. In addition, once established in the firm, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates. Ideally you will be ACA or ACCA qualified (either newly qualified at the Associate level or with 3 to 5 years PQE at the Senior Associate/Manager level.)
You will work on multi-stakeholder and often multi-national restructuring advisory engagements and/or UK and cross border insolvency appointments.
It starts with A&M’s core values: integrity, quality, fun, objectivity, and personal reward. Our culture is premised on liking what you do and whom you do it with, minimum bureaucracy and low overhead. We value leadership and creating value/making a difference with our clients.
Attracted by our meritocratic culture and the opportunity to build a business with like-minded individuals, our people have joined A&M from senior roles in industry and commerce, the Big 4, top tier strategy houses, private equity firms, hedge funds and leading financial services institutions. A&M is an outcomes focused business founded on the principles of objectivity, pragmatism and tangible and measurable success.
If you are an experienced restructuring professional who is now looking for a ‘hands on’, entrepreneurial environment, in a fast-growing business where you can really make a difference, then please apply for one of our roles.
- Quickly understand challenging and rapidly changing situations to enable you to develop creative and innovative solutions/options for businesses and their stakeholders;
- Work with Managing Directors, Senior Directors and Directors to deliver client projects through the management of multiple work streams;
- Build strong, trusted, long term relationships with key stakeholders in the UK and European lending and restructuring communities through the delivery of value added client engagements;
- Where appropriate, management and/or mentorship of more junior team members ensuring effective delegation and leading the design and development of client deliverables with minimal supervision;
- Continuously keeping abreast of industry developments and regulation to inform and educate the wider team and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrable and successful experience within a lender advisory, debtor advisory or insolvency professional services team;
- Proven track record of delivering restructuring projects;
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders within both lenders and corporates in challenging situations;
- Desire to build on existing skill sets and develop additional knowledge of all restructuring offerings with evident project experience in some / all of the following: IBRs, short term cash flow and capital structure analysis, formal insolvency or contingency planning;
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with operational and finance teams within large distressed organisations
- Accountancy qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or exam qualified approaching end of training contract.
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, confident and impactful presenter;
- Objective, fact based approach to problem solving;
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example