Associate / Vice President - EMEA eFX Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
Nomura seeks to recruit an Associate / VP level professional to join the firm's eFX Sales team.
Job Title: Associate / Vice President - EMEA eFX Sales
Department: Global Markets
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Nomura's Global Markets Division handles client transactions for financial institutions, corporates, governments and investment funds around the world. We act as market makers, trading in fixed income and equity securities, including currencies, interest rates and credit in cash, derivatives and structured products. We have taken market-leading positions across the globe by leveraging the strength of our talent, client relationships and technology.
By developing strong relationships with our client base through consistent interaction, independent advice and pre-eminent access to Asia, we have built a powerful global franchise across interest rates, currency and credit products. Our client services cover both high-volume flow products and carefully tailored structured solutions. We have adapted to the changing financial landscape to build a client centric focus differentiated by innovation, electronic and service excellence and market-leading derivatives capabilities.
Nomura seeks to recruit an Associate / VP level professional to join the firm's eFX Distribution team.
- Drive the sale and delivery of the Nomura eFX proposition to Global Markets clients across EMEA. Ensure that Nomura is represented and promoted appropriately on Vendor Platforms.
- Build a portfolio of contacts and provide E-coverage to clients, including pension funds, hedge funds, insurance companies and other corporate clients
- Providing the etrading desk with feedback and client colour.
- Be able to identify the difference between costly and revenue generating client flows and ensure that the most suitable proposition for Nomura and the client is delivered at all times.
- Continuously review products being built out to ensure they are delivering a cohesive client offering and remain focused.
- Good organizational and planning skills - can manage the coordination of multiple activities working to specific deadlines
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Previous experience in a related business.
- Previous experience in FX would be a would be a preference, but is not a prerequisite.
- European languages would be useful but not a pre-requisite.
- Willingness to learn fast.
- Ability to interact efficiently with other areas in Global Markets.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.
When you apply for a role with us, Nomura takes its obligations in respect of the privacy of your personal information seriously. For further information please see our candidates' privacy notice link