Associate, UK Country Management
Description About this role Role Purpose/Background
The UK is the largest, most mature market in EMEA with distinct market trends requiring bespoke strategy and execution. BlackRock has a large established presence in the UK with a significant client franchise and c. 280 FTEs covering UK clients or supporting UK specific businesses. The size of the opportunity in the UK, combined with a likely future scenario in which the UK is significantly less integrated with Continental Europe, requires dedicated leadership to navigate the firm through change and opportunities over the next 5 years.
The UK Country Management Associate will support the Director of UK Country Management to ensure we have strong execution of our U.K strategy, positioning the firm for continued growth and competitive advantage as we pivot through market shifts. The individual will support in the delivery of core business initiatives as well as strategic projects providing support across all pillars of the UK Country Management team responsibilities including:
- Developing the vision, strategy and narrative for BlackRock in the U.K., ensuring BlackRock leverages the application of the global platform holistically for the continued growth of the business
- Proactively delivering the firm to key clients across all client segments with the objective of expanding BlackRock's share of wallet and profitability
- Leveraging and aligning business partner functions to meet the needs of our UK clients and to maximize scale
- Building BlackRock's external profile in the UK, better embedding BlackRock in the UK financial ecosystem and increasing our domestic brand presence
- Preparation for key client meetings and ensure timely follow up on all deliverables for the client post meeting
- Support GEC engagement with UK clients including coordination, preparation, briefings and follow ups
- Support delivery of broad UK client events that are across client businesses (eg CEO Dinners)
Building UK Business Strategies:
- Support in the delivery of key business strategy projects (eg the Defined Contribution business strategy, building a strategy for BLK as Defined Benefit Pensions move to buyout phase, building the Investment Trust growth strategy)
Governance & Business Oversight:
- Support in the preparation of materials for the UK Executive Committee, help to set agendas, coordinate, and manage follow up actions
- Ensure that the respective UK governance bodies (Steering Committee and the Executive Committee) are in receipt of comprehensive data set to monitor state of UK business
- Support with regional Operating Review preparation, delivery and follow up on actions/feedback
- Support in delivery of key UK Management Information & Insights
- Support in the production of new business Management Information (revenues and expenses)
- Support with business evaluations and insights (eg industry trends, competitor landscape etc) - what is working and what needs more focus from senior management
- Social License to Operate - support UK initiative both internally and externally to build our brand as a local UK asset manager with a social license to operate (including - philanthropy, communications, sponsorship to employee education and engagement)
Partner with key functions (HR, Marketing, Comms, Tech & Ops) on key UK initiatives:
- Government Relations: support in the preparation of key Government meetings
- Communications: partner with Corporate Communications to deliver internal and external UK communications (press releases, Town Halls etc). Work with Communications and Marketing teams to develop the UK domestic brand, UK purpose and our Social License to Operate
- Marketing: Support marketing and events team on annual UK event planning / sponsorship planning
- Human Resources/Talent: support HR and Director of UK Country Management with key initiatives for the UK talent strategy - including focusing on Inclusion & Diversity
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.