Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Client Support Team acts as the first point of contact for all client issues and enquiries across our transaction banking products and channels. The team provides a proactive service approach to clients on all transactional enquiries, complaint management and troubleshooting problems, as well as identifying cross sell opportunities. They take end to end accountability and ownership of the client relationship to deliver an optimal and premium service level.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Client Service Manager is the first point of contact for all client enquiries and issues coming in through our Service desk. All enquiries and requests are logged, tracked and updated through to resolution. Provide a proactive and practical approach to identify and understand in detail each enquiry and request, then take accountability and ownership to manage the clients expectations.
Provide advice and guidance to the client on the use and operation of all related products and channels, and identify potential cross sell and revenue opportunities to enhance the customer experience. Where required provide training and proactively educate the client to avoid any potential service disruptions. Collaborate with key stakeholders and maintain engagement with all internal operations teams to ensure prompt resolution of cases and client issues. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical.
- First point of contact for the client on all day to day banking enquiries and issues, taking accountability and ownership to ensure an optimal and premium service level is provided.
- Log and track all calls to resolution ensuring accuracy and timely reporting of metrics, and making sure SLAs are being met on a consistent basis.
- Support of customer’s daily transactions and operations, by investigating and resolving enquiries and complaints promptly, and managing the client expectation.
- Day to day handling of enquiries and requests internally from the front office coverage teams and branches across the EMEA region.
- Handling of all client user, administration and maintenance requests which will include the issuance and completion of documentation to each client.
- As a Service partner, collaborate together with the RMs, Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to ensure the prompt resolution of cases and client issues, and identify opportunities for service improvement, or proactively educate the client to avoid any future service disruptions.
- Perform value added activities by identifying cross sell and revenue opportunities, by understanding the client organization and business requirements to improve service levels, the product solution, or the utilization and optimization of product and channel usage and volumes.
- The timely identification, escalation and resolution of all issues and enquiries, including any clients at risks.
- Responsible for ad hoc projects and initiatives as and when required to enhance the client experience or the team’s service levels.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
- Proven work experience in a similar role in banking sector or banking operations environment within the financial service industry.
- In depth and relevant product knowledge of transaction banking products and services covering both cash management and/or online banking channels.
- Strong payments experience – BACS, Chaps, Fast Payments, SEPA, Target2, SWIFT and technical knowledge through online banking channels.
- Experience working on a Service desk or similar role handling client enquiries and issues.
- Japanese or other language skills highly regarded.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Capable of analysing clients' perspective in various situations and determine positive or negative behaviour for opportunities to gain agreement
- Able to apply questioning skills for in-depth analysis of attitudes, situations, problems and priorities to determine optimum strategy on how to deal with them
- A team player, eager to support and learn, and can foster collaborative working relationships across the organization.
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn client service software applications
- Good questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to recognize basic styles of client behaviour and how to adapt each style to create positive 'chemistry'
Education / Qualifications:
- A level (ONC / OND)
- Degree level education
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally with clients at different levels
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.