Associate, Trade Processing - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- ABN AMRO Bank
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Associate, Trade Processing - London
At a glance
The completion of ABN AMRO Clearing Banks Derivatives Reconciliations processes. Ensure operational and systemic problems are resolved by adhering to internal controls. Ensure reconciliation's are completed in an accurate and timely manner to minimize operational, market and credit risk. Maintain accurate and informative MI as applicable, and ensure adequate levels of escalation in regards to outstanding items. Maintain high levels of control by effectively managing the clearing process across all products and client base. Ensure operational and systemic problems are resolved by adhering to internal controls. Ensure both internal and client queries are completed in an accurate and timely manner to minimize operational, market and credit risk. Actively look to increase and improve productivity, and consider process improvement on a daily basis.
- End to end brokerage process management including Atlantis, invoicing on behalf of clients as appropriate and process improvement as applicable through Mendix
- Manage and facilitate the start and end of day close out processes. Ensure accurate and complete reporting to the exchange and consider MI as appropriate.
- End to end management of the physical delivery process for commodity products
- Manage and facilitate the Exercise and Abandonments process
- UAT / Project Involvement as required
- Monitoring of the MICS Error Queue in relation to regulatory reporting requirements
- Regulatory Reporting Ownership, including exchange, EMIR and MIFID II reporting.
- Monitor client query inbox ensuring all queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Prompt escalation of any issues to the Desk Manager which may result in a deadline breach or internal/external investigation
- Production of weekly/monthly MI and Stats
- Promotes the ABN AMRO values, culture and group strategy
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
- Previous experience of working in a reconciliations environment.
- Experience of working with systems such as GMI, MICS, Intellimatch, CTC etc.
- Experience of working in a derivative clearing and settlement environment
- Experience of working within a high pressured and busy environment.
- Experience of writing queries, coding like SQL, HTML,CTC and working with big data
- Basic understanding of the Client Clearing business and associated processes
- A clear knowledge of the Reconciliations mechanics and associated procedures
- An understanding of valuation methods on various types of derivative products including futures, options, swaps and OTC products
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Creative and Pro-active way of thinking
- Ability to promote collaborative attitude within the teams, cross function and with peers in other countries and regions.
- Numeracy, speed and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressurised environment
- The ability and flexibility to adapt quickly to new processes as required
- In order to meet the deadlines involved a flexible approach to working hours is required; including working some bank holidays and weekends.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee.