Associate, Strategy & Business Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Montreal
- 02 Jan 18 2018-01-02
Assist in supporting the MD & Head, Europe and Asia Trading Products, and reporting to the VP, Strategy & Business Management for Global Trading Products, this diverse role is responsible for a high level of strategic, analytical and operational support. This position supports the implementation of key programs and/or initiatives, while establishing and developing strong relationships at all levels across the organization to support the effective execution on the businesses’ mandate.
The role requires an individual who has superior analytical capabilities grounded in strong quantitative judgment, is an effective communicator, works as a team player, and possesses the highest level of integrity. The candidate must be very adept at in managing matters that are both sensitive and confidential.
This role includes supporting, anticipating and managing both short and long term objectives and maintaining a strong understanding of the strategic objectives of Global Trading Products. The role also requires liaising with key internal stakeholders across a variety of functions and levels, and supporting the communication efforts for the Head of Europe and Asia Trading Products (i.e., internal presentations, regulators, industrial relations, media relations and public relations).
- Graduate degree, with a focus on Business, Economics, Finance/Accounting
- At least 2 years of relevant business experience, preferably in Capital Markets of a global Financial Institution or global consulting firm
- Highly developed analytic and conceptual skills with ability to analyze data and develop key insights
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: collaboration, facilitating consensus, resolution management including managing complex and sensitive issues
- Confident and able to challenge inefficiencies, process and thought
- Highly organized with a proven ability to manage and deliver critical complex projects across many different functional lines
- Some understanding of FICC/Equity/GSP products
- Good understanding to front to back architecture in banking
- Strong IT skills especially in PowerPoint and excel
Strategy and Operational Support (40%)
- Through the annual planning process, support the VP with their collaboration with MD & Head, Europe and Asia Trading Products and across other LOBs as required to plan/design line of business strategies in support of the overall Global Trading Products business strategy
- Support the VP with planning/designing and developing integrated reporting on key Europe and Asia Trading Products performance objectives (both financial and non-financial objectives) and strategic initiatives
- Support the MD & Head, Europe and Asia Trading Products to develop, articulate and implement strategic plans and initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Assist the VP to drive reviews of strategic and business initiatives when issues and/or opportunities arise and provide recommendations on the optimal path forward
Business Delivery and Execution (40%)
- Alongside the VP, act as the first point of contact for strategic, financial, and operational issues for the business; face of supervision
- Identify issues, gaps and process improvements, address as authorized, and escalate as necessary; Risk, Audit Points etc.
- Interface with HR Business Partner for Global Trading Products on the intern and graduate recruitment program
- Effectively manage complex and diverse issues that intersect with Europe and Asia Trading Products from across the LOB, across the bank and externally in 3 regions.
Financials and Metrics (10%)
- Primary interface with Finance for day to day issues, including structural and financial integrity of management reporting, Europe and Asia Trading Products forecasting, business commentary and informational requirements, and expenses management and analysis
- Prepare quarterly business commentary and Performance Committee slides
- Manage any client surveys from external providers and internal client audits
- Review and analyze reporting available on client data, and provide recommendations for updates or changes as required