- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Dec 17
Associate Software Engineer - Business Discovery Group
Location: London, England, United KingdomAs innovation in financial technology -- or FinTech -- accelerates, our customers operate in a more complex and challenging landscape. In response, MA must anticipate the impact of developments that will lead to change in our business but also present growth opportunities in the years ahead. This requires exploration of initiatives that will improve the prospects of our company over a multi-year horizon.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic software professional to join our Business Discovery group who's objective is to start-up innovative new business ideas and incubate them on their way to market.
An Associate Software Engineer in the Business Discovery Group fulfils the following responsibilities:
- Works with the Business Discovery team to help to develop and conceptualize new solutions.
- Works with the Business Discovery team and others to define and run market experiments to determine customer demand and solution viability.
- Interprets User Stories in collaboration with others
- Implements and tests solutions based on those User Stories to provide iterative solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrates the benefits of modern software development and ops techniques.
- Extracts libraries and services which can be reused by others in the company.
- Fixes any defects found.
- Prepares automated build packages and install scripts.
- Helps investigate problems reported by clients.
The Moody's Analytics - ERS Business Discovery Group (BDG) has the objective to start-up innovative new business ideas and incubate them on their way to market.
- Strong academic record, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical discipline with a considerable programming element from a major institution preferred.
- Relevant professional development experience working across the software lifecycle preferred.
- A strong understanding of and a preference for Agile/Lean software development methodologies
- Track record of delivering high-quality applications.
- Proven ability to learn new languages and packages.
- Familiar with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure etc.) or Machine Learning approaches an advantage.
- Experienced in other tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA etc .
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.