Associate, Secondary Advisory, Exceptional Placement Agent, London, UK
We are working with an award-nominated placement agent. The team is very much growing and they are now looking to hire an Associate to focus on secondary advisory. The secondaries advisory team focus on GP-led liquidity solutions, LP stakes, tail-end portfolios, staple transactions and aged primaries. The current team is relatively small, highly dynamic and of a high calibre.
As part of this team, you will support the analysis of secondary investment and sale opportunities and will be involved in the process from initial pitching through to completion of the transaction. You will help to prepare materials for pitches, participate in client meetings and coordinate the evaluation, pricing and assist on the structuring of the deals. You will benefit from having regular contact with clients and will be trained across all aspects of the execution process.
To succeed in this process you will have to demonstrate strong analytical skills, good understanding of private equity and confident and structured communication skills. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fantastic team and enjoy exposure in one of the most exciting and fastest growing asset-classes in the private markets space. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exposed to all elements of the deal process, from assisting with origination through to extensive deal evaluation and execution
- Involved in financial modelling and commercial evaluation of various secondary deal structures
- Work closely with an experienced secondary advisory professional as part of a lean team
- Three to five years' experience of working in the private equity, private capital fundraising, investment banking M&A or corporate finance industry sectors - of which ideally at least two years' experience working in a transactional corporate finance environment (buyside or advisory)
- Track record of client and/ or investor exposure and impact
- Ability to 'think on their feet' with good commercial judgement
- High level of attention to detail, organisational skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- High level of verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong numerical and Excel skills, including modelling experience