Associate Sales Director - Nordic Region
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 09 Jan 18 2018-01-09
An excellent opportunity to join an expanding boutique asset management house with market-leading performance across a range of strategies. This opportunity will work alongside the Head of Nordics to build out the region, focussing on the Danish market initially, to then expand in to other regions.
- Identifying potential clients and market opportunities and monitoring market developments that may impact the firm.
- Executing a scalable, cost effective regional sales plan that successfully balances the needs of the region and the priorities and objectives of the broader firm vision and strategy.
- Working collegiately with CRMs on cross-selling opportunities and business retention.
- Driving the agreed sales and service plan for local Financial Institutions and Institutional Investors in line with the broader strategy and in support of the firm’s broader objectives.
- Maintaining and leveraging off the firm’s Management Information System (currently SalesForce) to ensure the effective implementation of regional sales processes and servicing of clients and prospects.
- Acting as a sales lead and engaging with both the Head of Sales Nordics and the Portfolio Managers to build healthy, collaborative working relationships that result in an improved regional sales momentum and client experience.
- Personally reinforcing excellence across the companies stated cultural values and standards both inside the firm and as a representative of the business in the market.
- Have acute awareness of all marketing prohibitions, licensing requirements and permitted activities in the jurisdictions of which they are responsible for.
- Ensure that their activities in accordance with applicable local law, including that funds and services are marketed only to eligible clients according to local regulations.
- Have a strong understanding of the global financial services regulatory system.
- Have full awareness of Statements of Principle for Approved Persons (APER).
- Ensure funds are registered in appropriate target countries.
- Understand, follow and promote compliance with the companies Policies and Procedures Manual with specific focus on the Business Development and Client Relations sections, Global marketing Policy and the requirements on dealing with the media.
- Ensure electronic communications, meetings and calls with investors are recorded in Salesforce.
Key Personal Responsibilities
- Sets high standards of performance for self and strives to meet challenging objectives. Acts with integrity and within both the spirit and the letter of the companies principles, policies and procedures.
- Considers own role within the commercial context and focusses on the client. Respects obligations to internal and external clients and investors and treat clients fairly.
- Displays a positive and energetic attitude, gets involved and proactively seeks out opportunities to advance the business.
- Consistently displays a ‘can-do’ attitude, perseveres in the face of setbacks and remains calm and professional under pressure.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships and works effectively and cooperatively with others. Communicates constructively, engages others positively and readily shares information and ideas.
- Seeks out insightful, smart ideas to raise personal and team standards. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively to find solutions. Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change. Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences.