Associate Project Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Reinsurance Company
- 02 Feb 18 2018-02-02
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
About the role
As Associate Project Finance, you will be a core member of the Project and Infrastructure Finance team.
The main activities include:
- Detailed assessment of project finance transactions, authoring credit memoranda. This includes:
Analysis of legal, technical, market due diligences;
Review of financial models including scenario analysis;
Review of transaction documentation.
- Conduct portfolio monitoring tasks, including:
Annual reviews of transactions;
Analysis of the existing portfolio;
Reporting of industry trends.
- Contribution to business-related projects on a case-by-case basis.
- Interaction and collaboration with other Functions (Accounting, Finance, Actuarial, IT).
You will be working directly with a senior member of the team located in Zurich.
About the team
The Project and Infrastructure Finance team of Swiss Re is responsible for considering participations in senior bank debt project finance transactions.
The team is involved in sourcing, assessing and seeking credit approval for transactions as well as ongoing management of its in force portfolio.
The target sectors include the likes of transport, power, energy and public private partnership/private finance initiative.
A successful candidate displays:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly at all hierarchical levels
- Very strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Profound knowledge about Corporate Credit Cards offerings, handlings, suppliers, Travellers Expense payment solutions and processes
- Knowledge of Travel processes and its dependencies
- Ability to grasp complex situations with multiple dependencies and influencing factors and translating into a structured and understandable language
- Ability to deal with significant level of ambiguity where fundamental principles do not clearly apply
- Project management skills
- Very good command of English, at least understanding German is an asset
- Understanding of Finance/Accounting processes related to Expense handling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience
- Commercial education, university degree or equivalent
- Travel Agency background is an asset
- Outgoing, proactive, resilient and willing to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding results and services
- Keen to take on end-to-end ownership for assigned tasks
- Curious and innovative
- Professional and positive with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a global, multicultural team
- At ease with working in complex organizational structures with multiple reporting lines
Please include in your application a motivation letter that answers the following three questions:
- Why do I want this job?
- What qualifies me for this job?
- Why am I the right candidate
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code for Zurich: 61722
Reference code for London:62141