Top tier Hedge Fund is seeking an experienced Associate Portfolio Manager / Senior Rates Trader to join a macro RV pod base in London.
Working closely with a more senior Portfolio Manager, the Associate PM be responsible for building and managing a portfolio, taking ownership of their capital allocation to produce strong returns.
- Track market developments and economic activity to manage risk and identify investment opportunities
- Develop strong trade ideas to individually run a successful investment portfolio, within an established pod
- Work alongside the quant research team to provide analytics and develop tools in order to improve the pod's investment process
Skills & experience required:
- Previous experience as a rates market maker, bank treasury trader or buy-side risk taker (trading / portfolio management)
- Fixed Income / Rates product knowledge is essential. Those from a cash/bonds, derivatives, inflation or macro background will be considered
- Educated at a top tier university (ideally to MSc level) in a quantitative driven subject
- Experience with an advanced programming language is highly desirable, with Python being a strong preference