Associate Portfolio Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Edmond de Rothschild
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Edmond de Rothschild is looking to hire an Associate Portfolio Manager to join their team in London.
- Analyse portfolio positioning and performance results:
- This is a very detailed analysis of our portfolio exposures to different asset classes, geographies, currencies.
- The spreadsheet is complex and requires an advanced excel understanding
- The important part of this spreadsheet is the calculation of the delta-adjusted option exposure and the calculation of share allocations in case we participate in the IPO
- Performance spreadsheet is reviewed with the legal team every quarter. This file relies on the Equalizer query and is easy to maintain.
- Create and maintain client presentations, marketing materials, performance commentary, and other client communications.
- We have a good relationship with the StatPro team in Lux (Monaco-London-Lux project). They do produce reports on monthly basis, however, the validity of numbers needs to be verified using Bloomberg and Equalizer data.
- Complete product positioning projects such as statistical analysis and competitive analysis.
- Assist in product development process. Assist in product development process.
- Facilitate meetings, both external (client pitches and reviews) and internal (i.e. product development and strategy meetings).
- This usually involves setting of external meetings with the funds on our buy list
- Oversee investment guideline compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate and assist in the completion of RFPs.
- Monitor investment portfolios and rebalances to ensure alignment of asset allocation with client’s investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- Trading and rebalancing to the weights approved by the investment committee
- Adjusting cash balances to satisfy the lending value requirement if a client needs to have a lending facility
- Covering the fee overdrafts (if any) and reviewing them with the middle office
- FX hedge rolls on a bi-annual basis
- Daily cash management
- Portfolio implementation and monitoring - All aspects of portfolio implementation including the placing / execution of transactions on discretionary and advisory portfolios, the monitoring of settlement details surrounding trades (in particular daily port trade checking) including the necessary documentation associated with transaction activities.
- Interfacing with the Custodian on all PMB Wealth Management issues:
- Custody and administration
- Portfolio management systems (Equalizer, Dimension, Bloomberg)
- Discretionary accounts and advisory accounts set up and management
- Client reporting ( Webfocus, StatPro)
- Interfacing with risk management and compliance teams.
- Monitoring and reporting portfolio and account data to the risk teams. Participating in the regular portfolio manager / CIO portfolio risk review meetings.
- Conduct all aspects involved with managing portfolios, including executing trades, maintaining investment action plans, monitoring and addressing overdrafts, conducting investment reviews, and documenting account activities and client interaction.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current market events and drivers for all asset classes with a full understanding of the current strategic and tactical positioning of investment strategy.
- Helping to train junior team members, who will ultimately be able to pick up the more administrative elements the APM role.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the APM does not give investment advice.
- Producing mini tax reports.
- Hands-on experience in Trading
- Portfolio Management experience (cash management & re-balancing)
- Mathematical / numerical background in combination with Economics exposure
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 13 December 2017.