Associate, Portfolio Management - Index Products
Description About this role
Your team BlackRock's ETFs and Index Investments team manages more than $4.3 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers equity investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices, including ETFs (iShares), commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
BlackRock's investment teams are staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio teams manage assets for institutional and individual investors alike. Accordingly, all our clients benefit from our portfolio management expertise and risk management analytics. All our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform.
Your role and impact BlackRock is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join the Index Plus team within the ETF and Index Investments Group in our London office. This individual will be responsible for various aspects of portfolio management in Index Plus equity portfolios. He/she/they will have the opportunity to further develop product and operational knowledge, along with acquiring skills around both index and active portfolio management, all within a collaborative environment of supportive colleagues.
- Perform daily portfolio management tasks; daily liquidity management, portfolio re-balancing, corporate action analysis, client activity; risk and performance monitoring - ensuring portfolios are positioned within investment parameters and guidelines.
- Manage implementation of discretionary and systematic strategies around index arbitrage, merger arbitrage, corporate actions, and other episodic event driven strategies
- Use latest analytical and data science techniques to develop actionable investment insight
- Stay ahead of market trends and themes. Develop a deep understanding of index methodology relevant to alpha opportunities. Understand how changes in the macro environment can impact fund strategies.
- Collaborate with the BlackRock EII Quantitative Research and Index Research teams around active strategy research.
- Participate in project work and systems testing that can introduce operational efficiencies to daily tasks, such as order generation, risk monitoring, and data analysis.
- Engage with global teams to identify and drive operational improvements that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an investments, technical, or analytically focused role
- Knowledge of and interest in index portfolio management, active management, risk models, index construction methodologies.
- Passion for markets and a continuous desire to learn more about financial markets and fund management
- Strong technical aptitude with an interest in technology solutions related to portfolio management, trading and data analytics. Python, SQL, or any coding experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Aladdin tools and knowledge of Aladdin data sources are a plus
- Forward thinking with attention to detail and desire to improve and standardize processes
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity, and judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.