Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
This role is to act as the overseeing and reporting team for the Asset Evaluation and VIE processes, conducting various other monitoring, reconciling and corrective action to ensure correct reporting to Head Office.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To oversee, manage and support the completion of monthly/quarterly Asset Evaluation process for GCIB. Working closely with the Portfolio teams within these areas as well as Finance and Back Office to ensure correct and accurate balances are reported, including outstanding balances, collateral and guarantee, secured portion, classification of assets and other relevant information, for the problem rated assets (8-1 and below).
To oversee, manage and support the completion of the VIE process, reporting assets paid-in capital and exposures of the determined VIEs and non-VIEs for GCIB semi-annually.
As per USGAAP accounting rules MUFG as a US listed company is required to consolidate entities if MUFG is the primary beneficiary of the VIE, disclosing the Assets and Total exposures to the Non-Consolidated VIE in interim and annual report.
Additional tasks include the semi-annual completion of the Provision Notice, DCF and any other additional adhoc tasks as appropriate.
- Assist and play a key part in the smooth centralisation of all the above tasks in to this team, ensuring a consistent approach is applied to all areas within GCIB
- Active monitoring of Borrower Ratings to ensure awareness of customers that fall within the scope of Asset Evaluation.
- Perform various administrative and reconciliation processes in an efficient and responsive manner in order to manage the effective reporting, ensuring all deadlines are adhered to.
- Managing communication with several areas, making amendment in GZEUS where applicable, and maintaining reports to ensure that correct information is reflected and reported.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG Bank to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective interactive inter-departmental collaboration.
- Develop an excellent understanding of all core systems including, GZEUS and OVS, and procedures.
- Report assets paid in capital and exposures for VIE and non-VIE determined for GCIB ensuring all required deadlines are met.
- Report MUFG Loan and Swap exposures as well as performing a completeness check to ensure all entities have been captured
- Undertake various administrative and adhoc tasks assigned.
- Take the lead in any investigation items required for the team ensuring these are actively monitored and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide support and training to the Analyst in the team.
- Basic understanding of banking products and systems
- Banking/Financial background
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Experience of working in a support team
- Microsoft Office skills including Word
- Experience of providing junior members of the team with guidance and support
- Financial Accounting skills
Education / Qualifications:
- A Level and/or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Ability to independently investigate and solve queries in a timely manner
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Flexible working style
- Strong Excel skills
- Good leadership skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.