Associate, Market Research (FX and Rates)
Due to growth, we are looking for an experienced Researcher at Associate level to expand the content of Global Market Research analysis on FX and Rates, providing a fresh more analytical and quantitative approach to the analysis. The role would also involve presenting this analysis internally and externally to MUFG clients.
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Global Markets Research team provides primarily Foreign Exchange research and analysis to MUFG clients through the Global Markets’ Sales and Trading platform. Global Markets Research has research desks in Tokyo, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Expanding the coverage of Global Markets Research to incorporate a greater balance of both Rates and FX analysis.
- Contributing to the ongoing support of the FX Sales business globally.
- Developing the quality of the research content through greater analytical work and a more quantitative approach to financial market analysis.
- Taking responsibility for presenting original, dynamic research content through written content in MUFG’s research publications and through presenting internally and externally to MUFG’s client base.
Success in the role will require the following.
- Economics/Econometrics degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience covering research in FX and Rates. Previous roles should include supporting a Sales trading team and presenting research analysis to clients.
- A team player who is able and willing to share and receive research information and is comfortable co-operating amongst sub-groups.
- Open to debate and being challeneged on views or research conclusions.
- An ability to write concisely under constant deadlines.
- A reliable member of the team who will complete their work with attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Experience using modelling software packages (Eviews, VBA etc).
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint skills with ability to create Presentations/ Charting/ Graphics.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.