We are currently looking to add a new member to our Private Debt team. The successful candidate will be on a 12 month fixed term contract and be a senior point contact in London office for a large London client. Responsibility includes but not limited to review and the oversight of all client deliverables. Being subject matter expert, role requires interaction with senior staff at client.
The London Private Debt Fund Accounting is a team of 7 professional experts. Primary client for this team are close Ended Funds managed by a well known name in the Fund Industry internationally.
- Part of a team of accountants who act as daily points of contact for a London and US based client.
- Providing client service on a multitude of matters including recording and analyzing transactions, reconciliations, and preparation of work paper packages
- Review of monthly/ quarterly NAV packs and Investor Reporting. Coordination with other service locations to ensure smooth and timely delivery of information to client. Review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and partner capital recording packages including all supporting work papers and disclosure documents
- Interacting with the client at various levels and help maintain client relationship
- Interacting with internal departments at various levels across multiple locations and geographies
- Preparation of client service plans, calendars and timelines
- Active participation in automation / process standardization Projects
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Experience in private equity, real estate, Fund of Funds or debt/loan funds
- Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements
- Knowledge of partnership accounting
- Experience of primary and secondary Debt market preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP / UK GAAP and IFRS
- Prior supervisory experience
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Solid attention to detail
- Solid client relationship management skills
- Willingness to travel, occasional travel required to other offices
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.