Working directly for a Vice President on a project by project basis to support Directors and Managing Directors in the Investment Banking Team in the origination and execution of Corporate Advisory transactions. This role will also provide support and guidance to Interns and junior Analysts, where appropriate.
- Undertaking valuations of businesses using a variety of methodologies, including relative valuation techniques, leverage buyout models and discounted cash flow analyses, and presenting and discussing the results with the project team, clients and prospective clients;
- Detailed financial modelling and analysis including valuation and assessing the financial impact of transactions;
- Analysing industry and sector trends, commercial analysis of individual businesses and case studies of transactions;
- Drafting and reviewing marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, teasers, information memorandums, management presentations, strategic review papers, valuation papers and admission / prospectus documents to specified deadlines;
- Supervising Analyst's in collating comments from the project team, clients and other advisers on materials produced and working with the Analyst to produce revised materials;
- Overseeing transaction process management, supporting Vice Presidents/ Directors to ensure parties keep to deadlines, and that legal, accounting and other process issues are anticipated and addressed; expected to attend most meetings, and to work directly with the client’s Finance Director and other senior management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years experience in M&A from a reputable Investment Bank/Boutique.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Completion of CISI Level 3 Certification in Corporate Finance would be advantageous.
- Strong valuation and financial modelling skills required.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Highly organised and reliable, self-starter, motivated and ambitious.
- Team player capable of fitting in with the culture.