Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Leveraged Finance group is responsible for the origination, structuring and execution of LBO’s with financial sponsors and for working alongside relationship managers and other coverage functions within the bank for the origination and execution of transactions for leveraged corporates. The group is also responsible for the management of its portfolio of leveraged loans.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Assist senior team members with the delivery of the structuring and execution of transactions across the team (private equity and corporate clients)
- Assist senior team members with the onboarding of new clients, working alongside relationship
- Assisting with the management of the group’s portfolio of leveraged loans
- Conduct industry and company analysis as directed
- Develop relevant analysis including financial models, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations, disposals, IPO’s, synergies, key ratios analysis (including where appropriate credit rating agencies'), and make informed judgements on the available liquidity to advise decision making at senior levels.
- Support the preparation and presentation of (i) the necessary client marketing and financing materials (presentations, pitch books etc.) and (ii) the supporting internal approval documents (credit applications, screening applications, models etc.) in coordination with other deal team members.
- Support all aspects of deal execution as may be required during the development and execution of a mandate.
- Work collaboratively across the wider team to support the various product coverage teams as and when the need arises.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Build relationships at the appropriate business levels to create and maintain trust with corporate clients, private equity funds and partner banks on transactions.
- Support Relationship Managers to maintain an ongoing dialogue with clients to maximise MUFG's opportunities to win future business.
- Support the leveraged portfolio team in ongoing monitoring of a defined number of accounts and assisting in waivers and amendments, as well as identifying refinancing and ancillary opportunities, engaging with clients as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively across the wider team to support the various functions as and when the need arises.
- Conduct initial compliance and KYC checks for leveraged finance clients in line with internal and external processes and procedures.
- Experience working within a banking/advisory or transactional environment
- Basic understanding of TLA, TLB, HY and 2nd lien instruments and initial transaction experience thereof
- Experience in all aspects of financial modelling (M&A, LBO and ratings)
- Experience in managing execution of transactions (including relevant U/W and credit process) within tight timeframes is advantageous
- Experience in supporting credit analysis and due diligence
- Transaction experience in several EMEA geographies, comfortable working in different cultures and capable of flexing style to accommodate our target sponsor and corporate client base is advantageous
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of financial modelling
- Understanding of the fundamentals of deal structuring
- Basic knowledge of leveraged legal documentation
- Sound credit skills at an intermediate level
- Basic negotiation skills with internal partners
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage tight deadlines and different stakeholders
- Clear communication skills both written and oral
- Basic knowledge of leveraged debt capital markets and M&A dynamics
- Corporate finance principles/accounting knowledge
Education / Qualifications:
- Relevant post degree qualification preferred (e.g. CFA or ACA)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven with a strong sense of accountability
- A structured proactive, motivated and logical approach to work
- Ability to operate with urgency, manage large workloads and tight deadlines when needed, and to prioritise work accordingly
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.